Can't find a model to fit

RFP

Looking for a used or new fwc to fit my 94 Dodge 3/4 ton Ram. This truck has reinforced brackets for the sidewalls at the tailgate that narrow the slide in opening to 85.5". Does anyone know of either a model(used or new) that will slide in; Or a way to make one fit, such as lifting it up and lowering it as opposed to sliding it in; OR has anyone ever cut off about 1' off the brackets on the truck, still leaving enough for support but making the opening wide enough to fit? Or has anyone ever modified a Grandby to make it fit?
Thanks;
RFP

You must have that measurement wrong,are you talking maybe 45.5 or 55.5 inches? Do you have a picture of the tailgateso we can see what you are talking about?

Wrong measurement

Yes, I had that width at the tailgate measurement wrong. That is 58.5".

This is an area as you slide in just past the tailgate, and these reinforcements are about 4" wide and go up from the bed to the top of the sidewalls. The restof the bed is a normal full size bed, Which would normally accept an 8' long camper. Between the sidewalls at the top is 63", between the wheel wells is 50".
RFP

hello RFP

you must be one of the guys looking at that used camper in Portland ?

Your year truck is a weird one -- you will have to follow the same guidelines of anyone with a Tundra looking for a used camper.

Your tail gate does not have the standard 60", so you will need for find a used camper that was built in 2001 1/2 or newer (ex: 2002, 2003, 2004, etc.)

Here is the general rule of thumb for your truck too ...

Toyota T-100 & Tundra Trucks will only fit the newer style ”full-size” Four Wheel Campers. We narrowed the base on the Hawk & Grandby in the middle of 2001 especially for the T-100 and Tundra owners. If you have a T-100 or Tundra and are looking at used campers, take some careful measurements of the camper and your truck bed before you buy. The Older Hawk & Grandby Models unfortunately will not fit. The tailgate opening on the Toyota is usually the biggest factor. The older campers are 60" or 64" wide where the camper will be sitting in the tail gate opening. The newer campers are 58" wide in the tail gate opening area (specifically to fit the T-100 & Tundra Trucks).

next time you find one, just have the owner measure the rear wall of the camper in the area that sits in the tail gate opening.

If it measures 59 3/4", you are out of luck.

If it measures 57 3/4", you are good to go !

hope this helps

Ok

Thanks Stan,
I appreciate your information.
RFP

If it measures 59 3/4", you are out of luck.

If it measures 57 3/4", you are good to go !
FYI... my 2007 Tundra RCLB (Regular Cab Long Bed) with Line-X spray-on bed liner is 60 1/16".

Mike

Back
Top Bottom