Central CO- Black Canyon, Lakes, Cottonwood Pass

brett13

Lovecock
Just took a short trip to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, our newest national park (just 6 years ago I think), explored the "living" ghost town of Tin Cup did some playing near Irwin Lake, CO, Taylor Lake and Cottonwood Pass.
070820-01bc.jpg

070820-02bc.jpg

070820-03bc.jpg

Tin Cup was one of the original mining towns called 'virginia city', but the post office forced it to change its name because mail was being sent from NV to CO. People have bought many of the original structures and renovated them as weekend/vacation cabins, so the ghost town is still a town, sort of.

070820-04tc.jpg

070820-05tc.jpg

Thanks, Brett.

The beautiful photography gives us an incentive to follow your footsteps.

Well, its hard to take a bad picture around here. You kind of just point the camera. Thanks though.

Very nice Brett. How do you guys like the new rig?

Love it so far. Not a thing to complain about except "real life" is keeping me from using it as much as I'd like. Only one regret so far: I had opted out of the sink, stove, cabinets to save weight and maximize space. I have realized the one luxury that I really appreciate besides heat, shelter and a good bed: water. Water for no other reason that to occasionally wash your hands or face and shave. Man, that is nice. So, sometime later this year, this will be my first real DIY mod: a small sink/cabinet dohickey.

Just let me know when you want to come take a look.

Great photos Brett and a nice outing.

Taylor Resevoir is a great little hidden gem. It looks very green, so the stories I've been hearing of daily rain in Colorado must be true.

I love the self-portrait-shadow shot and the night time pic of your truck. Cool stuff.

Great pictures!

Geez, I do not get my ATC Cougar 'til about mid June 2008... one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three ..............

Brett, in the 2nd post 2nd picture there looks like a large black vent cover? or a black show water bag?

Mike

Brett, in the 2nd post 2nd picture there looks like a large black vent cover? or a black show water bag?
Mike

It kinda does look like a suretrax doesn't it? That is actually the rear, powered vent. The front one is an aluminum cover, so it looks metallic in the light. The rear is a plastic cover over the powered fan. I guess it is just catching the light or shadows funny, because it is a clear plastic with a blue-ish hue to it.

It looks very green, so the stories I've been hearing of daily rain in Colorado must be true.

I love the self-portrait-shadow shot and the night time pic of your truck. Cool stuff.

We have had quite a bit of rain this year. Feels like a 'normal' Colorado summer with near daily t-storms. No fire restrictions in most places, which is very different from the past 5 or 6 Augusts.

I kind of liked the shadow too- especially since the dog showed up on the right. (DD, we need a little dog emoticon). I am getting better at the night shots, so there will be more to follow. If you look carefully, I caught a shooting star in the night lake photo. It is just to the right of middle, above the 4th and 5th trees from the right, about 1/3 way up the sky. It is a soft line sloping down to the right.

Glad you enjoyed. Thanks for viewing.

Back
Top Bottom