Check This Out

the fisherman

Big Time
My first attempt at aerodynamics, my race car is 13yrs. old, and was aero defficient in many areas it especially suffered from high speed push. I've been confined to home base pretty much lately, so I cut the front of the car off, everybody and I mean the entire racing community thought I was nuts, and that it was a job that I probably couldn't do without a wind tunnel and a bunch of cad cam stuff that I would never understand. Well I built my own wind tunnel, and s%$t canned the cad cam b.s. that "I would never understand" and I came up with this, this was more work to do than I can really explain, the trial and error part almost drove me nuts, I know a whole bunch more about building molds, and working with Kevlar, and vaccume bagging than I ever thought I would. But I have to say I'm amazed at the finished product and I'm sure the car will be much faster in a straight line, and after some development it should be as good as any of the newer cars out there. I think I'm more satisfied with this project than anything I've ever done, I'm stoked. The pics. of the old nose are locked in the old computer, maybe forever, so I can't post a pic. of the old front end, but the difference is dramatic. Much more interesting than airbags.

Attachments

• Picture 355.jpg
    Picture 355.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Picture 356 (1).jpg
    Picture 356 (1).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 189
You have a couple of photos of the car when you bought it on your thread in late January of 09. Sorry, don't remember the exact date. They aren't the same angle so hard to compare. Still, looks like impressive work. I've never seen the wing mounted under the nose before. Where did that idea come from and what is the advantage to the design?

Back
Top Bottom