Cinnamon rolls

Bseek

Gypsy Feet
Passing through Leadville, Co I vaguely remembered someone saying you need to get the cinnamon rolls. I did a site search and didn't find the post. So we wandered in to theGolden Burro cuz it looked funky. Breakfast was amazing and when we saw $5 cinnamon rolls I suspected this is the place. So we are getting one to split as an afternoon snack. It is the size of a dinner plate. So thanks to whoever I was and I think I hate you. Just kidding

There's nothing like a great cinnamon roll.
We used to get some great ones at a truck stop/gentleman's club in Wells Nv. but last year when we were through there and were longing for one what they had wasn't worth it.Things change.
Hope the bear claws at Polebridge Montana ,Glacier NP don't change.
Thanks for the food thought.
Frank

And then there are the famous cinnamon rolls of the Hays Street Cafe, in Bridgeport, CA! :)

They have fine breakfasts there, but some of us will stop by just to pick up a cinnamon roll to go if not breakfast...especially yummy heated up.

MarkBC said:
And then there are the famous cinnamon rolls of the Hays Street Cafe, in Bridgeport, CA! :)

They have fine breakfasts there, but some of us will stop by just to pick up a cinnamon roll to go if not breakfast...especially yummy heated up.
Yes I forgot that place.Great cinnamon rolls.
Mark maybe there should be a post only for yummy treats.
Frank

MarkBC said:

Sounds like a cinnamon roll for breakfast Sunday after Bodie Saturday night.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
maybe there should be a post only for yummy treats.

MarkBC said:
You mean a sticky thread for sticky things?

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
That would be OK.
Give us a guide to the places to satisfy our quest for something "sticky and gooey"
Hmmm.... Maybe a "pinned" topic for:
"Wandering to Western Cinnamon rolls, Pastries, Bakeries and other Treats"
Or something like that??

I have friends who delight in finding bakeries and the sweet treats there-in whenever they travel ...so could be a demand for such a topic.

MarkBC said:
Hmmm.... Maybe a "pinned" topic for:
"Wandering to Western Cinnamon rolls, Pastries, Bakeries and other Treats"
Or something like that??

I have friends who delight in finding bakeries and the sweet treats there-in whenever they travel ...so could be a demand for such a topic.
One could plan a trip around the treats.
Go for it.
Frank

MarkBC said:

Picked one up going into bodie. Breakfast the next morning.
med_gallery_1903_342_418459.jpg

billharr said:
Picked one up going into bodie. Breakfast the next morning.
med_gallery_1903_342_418459.jpg
Did you heat up the cinnamon rolls, Bill?

On my most recent trip I bought a similar pastry to eat later. The next day I heated it up by putting it in a glass bowl and putting the bowl in a covered pan of water, heating the water to boiling and so heated the pastry with steam heat. Warm and moist! :)

Hayes St breakfast Sunday morning was good, roll unknown should know better after breakfast tomorrow.

Bill, Nice to meet you and your wife!

MarkBC said:
Did you heat up the cinnamon rolls, Bill?

On my most recent trip I bought a similar pastry to eat later. The next day I heated it up by putting it in a glass bowl and putting the bowl in a covered pan of water, heating the water to boiling and so heated the pastry with steam heat. Warm and moist! :)
Now this I am sticking in my memory banks. Great idea!

Timothy McGowen said:
Now this I am sticking in my memory banks. Great idea!
Thanks... but I can't take credit for inventing the double boiler. :D

It works for anything that you want to re-heat without using direct heat, like when you want to avoid overheating/burning or drying the food out. Handy when you don't have a microwave oven (which I don't have in my camper). Many years ago (pre-camper) while camped on a bluff above the Owyhee River in remote eastern Oregon I reheated Thanksgiving dinner leftovers using the double-boiler approach. Hot and moist. :)

And a metal bowl would work as well as glass, or course...maybe even a high-melting plastic bowl.
The "glass" bowl I used was actually a Corelle soup bowl that I keep in my camper.

Back
Top Bottom