cleaning sink drain pipe?

scappoosebrad

Advanced Member
Normally at home we use baking soda and vinegar mix setting for 30 seconds and flush with hot water to clean our drains/pipes... in our 2016 Fleet, we have about a 3 foot drain hose from our sink to the outside drain... the pipe looks like flexible rubber piping(?)... not sure if the baking soda/vinegar soak would be too harsh to periodically use to clean the pipe used in the camper... your thoughts? what works for you?

again, fellow 4Wheelers--will the baking soda/vinegar solution affect the flex pipe used in our Fleet? not sure what kind of pipe 4Wheel uses ... most other articles outside this forum use this method with NO mention of it harming drain pipes in RVs... thanks for any of your feedback...

Not sure why you feel damage is being done with the soda/vinegar solution?

They neutralize each other and follow up hot water flush should leave nothing in pipes...especially a flexible pipe with no metal....we do the same in our '16 Hawk with no negative results...just eliminates drain odors..

Mine has been modified to have a gray water tank and some other things, so I'm not sure if my drains are stock.. But they appear to be made from automotive fuel line tubing. Should hold up to just about anything. When I first got my camper the gray water tank was clogged and I put hardcore sodium hydroxide down it.. Cleared the clog. Been using it for a year since then w/out any problems.

thanks for the feedback...Wallowa, thanks for helping me better understand the pipe durability...again, my ignorance has been "undated"... our baking soda/vinegar + hot water rinse can proceed as needed--probably once a year...

thanks for the feedback...Wallowa, thanks for helping me better understand the pipe durability...again, my ignorance has been "undated"... our baking soda/vinegar + hot water rinse can proceed as needed--probably once a year...

Hey...another ploy is to annually put a 1/2 cup Clorox into the water system, circulate through hot water tank, shower, storage tank, pump and then run some into the sink and through outside drain hose, drain entire system [then after draining all this out and flush with water if needed]...disinfects, which also helps with odor

Wallowa...thanks for the clorox system cleaning approach...my wife was wondering how much to use? 1/2 cup does it...

our Fleet water system is very simple--just 20 gal holding tank + circulating pump + cold water faucet use (no hot water, shower, etc.), so to repeat:
1) fill water tank to full(20 gal) mark, 2) add 1/2 cup of clorox, 3) run water pump with cold water tap "on", down drain, to outside gray water drain hole for 3 or 4 gallons... 4) shut off faucet and empty remaining cloroxed water via outside drain valve until all 20 gallons are gone...5) then refill with 20 gallons, 6) circulate/run faucet again 4 to 5 gallons to "rinse" out the cloroxed system...let drain until empty.... good to go for another year!

Did I miss or alter anything?

"Did I miss or alter anything? Don't think so....that should cover it; but I refill all 20 gals and 6 in my heater for a rinse and even if a lingering Clorox odor I am good with that rather than growing any algae while stored....use "unscented Clorox"; just pure Clorox [sodium hypochlorite + a little sodium chloride].

Back
Top Bottom