Clear Screen Door Slider

DLN

I don't really think this is worth a tread of it's own but couldn't see were else to post it. I got tired of removing the stock sider between camping trips so thought I'd try some stock 1/8" Plexiglas from the hardware store. Cut it on the table saw with a piece of 3/8" plywood over to keep it from chipping and filed the edges for a better fit. Added an appliance handle, also from the hardware store, attached with a low profile screw to allow it to pass the screen door frame. Also had to file the plastic screen door latch down about an 1/8" to clear the new slider when the door is open. It fits a bit tight but will likely work in over time.

Attachments

• phposKn4BPM.jpg
    phposKn4BPM.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 730
  • phpV2jxNlPM.jpg
    phpV2jxNlPM.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 803
  • phpx56LLJPM.jpg
    phpx56LLJPM.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 790
I do like your idea but I don't understand why you have to remove the stock slider between camping trips.Please,enlighten me.Thanks

Cool Mod!

Add to list of things to do this winter.....

I keep forgetting to slide it back and when offroad, it creeps across....blocking my view out the back.

So much to do and so little time.

Thanks for the pics and ideas!!

Dave in Seattle.

Lawnmowerman,

I remove it so I can gain some rear view through the camper. Good slip over mirror extensions (by Cipa) aren't available for my truck and I don't leave the clip-ons I have on unless we're taking a longer trip.

Attachments

• screenslide.jpg
    screenslide.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 578
  • 20070722008.jpg
    20070722008.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 552
Great idea guys it's the one thing that drove me nuts when i first put the door in. It halved what little visability I had.

Jim did the Camping World slide fit right in no with mods?

Jim,

You're got to love Camping World for about anything your camper might need. For about $18.00 that's really the way to go for the larger campers. In my Eagle the screen door handle keeps the refrigerator door from opening completely and if you open it too far the screen door will pop open. I'm either going to replace it or cut in down in the future.

Coinkydink?
I've only got a couple hundred miles on the truck with the Super Shell on it and yesterday I pulled the slider out of my screen to see out the back better.
I think I have a piece of plex in the shop that might fit in there too!

clear slider

Just to let all you build it yourself types out there know, we can get a clear factory slider also for the screen doors. I don't remember the cost on them but they do make a clear one. Last time I checked though, I could not get the factory to put them on the doors instead of the colored one. Had to buy it extra. Was a few years ago though that I tried. Will be making a call tomorrow to see if they have changed that one.

We used to carry the clear screen door slider, but we are out of stock right now.

Camping World sells them though ... www.campingworld.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Here are the guys we used to order them through ...

Daum Products, DPI
RV Products
929 Calle Negocio, Suite C
San Clemente, CA 92673-6223
Phone: 949.498.3540
FAX: 949.498.3503
E-Mail: dpirv@fea.net

THEY CALLED THE PART # = # 7029

My ATC Bobcat came with the clear slider.I don't understand why this is a option at I think $25.Seems that for the sake of safety so one can see out the back better this should be standard IMO.
It is a nice item.If you don't have one you could make one I am sure.
Just had to add this.
Frank

My ATC Bobcat came with the clear slider.I don't understand why this is a option at I think $25.

This thread is like seven years old.....my FWC came standard with a clear one and I think they have come that way for years.

"My ATC Bobcat came with the clear slider.I don't understand why this is a option at I think $25.Seems that for the sake of safety so one can see out the back better this should be standard IMO.
It is a nice item.If you don't have one you could make one I am sure.
Just had to add this."
Frank

X2 Wish my 2010 Hawk had one. When I purchased it, I was told to leave the curtain and slider open for a small partial view out the back. A clear panel is a no brainer.... but they weren't standard in 2010

X2 Wish my 2010 Hawk had one. When I purchased it, I was told to leave the curtain and slider open for a small partial view out the back. A clear panel is a no brainer.... but they weren't standard in 2010
[/quote]
I also got rid of the "standard" rear curtain and came up with a roll up that fits on the screen door vs the main door,also a no brainer.This way if I want to cover the door window I don't have to open the door,open the screen than move the curtain to the side.

I removed the original curtain and have a nice kitchen towel mounted on two dowels that fit into the frame of the screen door.Works nicely up/down,zip zap.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom