Clearance on Trail to Yankee Boy Basin

Buzz

Advanced Member
Fellow Wanderers,

I've been up to Yankee Boy Basin (San Juan Mountains of CO) a couple of times with my older truck and had no problem with vertical clearance driving under the "jeep wash" rock overhang. I'm planning a trip that way later in this summer in my F-250 equipped with the ATC Panther. My recollection is that there might be ample clearance there.

Anyone know what the lowest clearance of that route might be? Sure would hate to scrape my camper off the truck, or, to have to back down the trail.

-Buzz

Attachments

• 31overhang%20yankee%20boy.jpg
    31overhang%20yankee%20boy.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 294
Lot more room than you think. Been a couple of time and did not think anything of it. Here is a picture.http://www.google.co...%26tbs%3Disch:1

Hah! No sweat!

Thank you; I really enjoyed the trip narrative and photos at your link. That part of CO is my favorite place to visit.

I saw one full-size pickup in your group but I could not tell whether it was a long wheelbase. My F-250 crewcab takes a half acre to turn around. I've been over Engineer Pass and Cinnamon Pass in the old F-150 without any problems. Were there any big issues with the large pickup on any of the switchbacks? I may retrace some of your route.

-Buzz

-Buzz

Hah! No sweat!

Thank you; I really enjoyed the trip narrative and photos at your link. That part of CO is my favorite place to visit.

I saw one full-size pickup in your group but I could not tell whether it was a long wheelbase. My F-250 crewcab takes a half acre to turn around. I've been over Engineer Pass and Cinnamon Pass in the old F-150 without any problems. Were there any big issues with the large pickup on any of the switchbacks? I may retrace some of your route.

-Buzz

-Buzz

Sorry Buzz can't help you there. We always go solo on our adventures. I did a search on Google to find you a picture and posted a link as to where the I found it. Have fun on your trip

Back
Top Bottom