Clothing Storage Drawers added to a 2007 FWC Keystone

ckent323

Our FWC Keystone did not have an OEM shower and cassette toilet installed. This left a small area between the couch and the entry door.

Previously I built a removable shelf whose top was flush with the wheel well "step" in the side of the camper. Wendie saw a low cost 4-drawer storage unit on Amazon and asked me if I could make it fit in the space above the shelf for clothing storage for our 45 day Alaska trip.

https://www.amazon.com/STERILITE-Drawer-Weave-Tower-Espresso/dp/B07F9HJ7NS/ref=sr_1_8?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1544079919&sr=1-8&keywords=4+drawer+storage+unit+weave

The drawer unit is plastic and flimsy but I found that adding some wood strips to the sides and back stiffened it up considerably and allowed me to mount it in the camper.

During our 7900 mile drive the drawers stayed put. It was a nice addition to the camper and has made clothing storage much more convenient.

Here is a picture of it installed with the popup top down. The porta potty we carry is stowed under the shelf the drawer unit sits on. We also carry an empty 5 gal grey water container on the shelf and a 5 gal water container next to the porta potty.

full

Nice work! I'm using a similar system with plastic drawers. I like how you added the wood frame around them to give it more structure.

Back
Top Bottom