Coffee maker

Long ago I had a girlfriend who made her coffee this way, but she would strain it as she poured through a cotton sock saved just for this purpose. She said this was called "Dirty Sock" coffee and was quite common in Puerto Rico.

Right now I boil water on my cadac grille, and use starbucks via. I have my eye on the gsi hand grinder and french press though. Probably birthday presents to myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Wander The West mobile app

Sometimes my melitta filters plug up. Last trip the first time was perfect. Second time it wouldn't drip. I swear I did both the same. Anyone else have this problem?

I use the Keurig K10 Mini Plus Single Cup Electric Coffee Brewer ($89) from Walmart with great results while camping in my Trucker/Camper. I prefer the following K-Cups from strongest coffees to the weakest:
1) Costco Pacific Bold; 2) San Francisco Bay, French Roast; 3) Tully's House Blend; 4) Green Mountain Dark Magic; and 5) Eight O'Clock, The Original DECAF.

Oly Bill said:
I use the Keurig K10 Mini Plus Single Cup Electric Coffee Brewer ($89) from Walmart with great results while camping in my Trucker/Camper. ...
Coffee maker plugged into an inverter? Or do you only use it when plugged into shore power?

Nothing like a french coffee press for a cup of strong coffee first thing. Water to a boil in a tea pot and 4 minutes after pouring into the press you are ready for your java.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Agreed, I love my Aeropress and considering I have a pro (Rancilio Silvia) espresso maker at home, I know good espresso. And like I mentioned earlier, adding a steamer to the mix is like a home away from home:) when other campers hear me steaming my milk they are jealous:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom