cool screen for sliding front window

I tasked my tool guy to make a screen for the sliding front window in my 2014 Grandby. This is what he came up with:

gallery_5699_920_129816.jpg

Wood frame with flat top & bottom & channel on each side into which to fit the sliding window. What could be simpler? Just open the sliding windows, put screen in place and close the sliding windows into the channels on the screen frame. Windows in channels hold screen in place pretty firmly. I can even drive with little fear that it will become dislodged.

gallery_5699_920_1366.jpg

I really like this screen.

Great idea!
Thx for sharing!

That would have been a most welcome mod at Great Sand Dunes NP last month. The mosquitoes were in great supply! Every time we opened the camper door, 25 blood sucking critters entered the camper prompting the wife to go on a mad dash to kill every one of them before they bit her!

Bill

bfh4n said:
Who is this "tool guy"? Is it you? How come we don't all have them? He seems to do nice work. Do you pay him?

- Bernard

My tool guy is an old friend - a highly skilled retired maintenance type guy. He has wide knowledge & experience in all things tool related - mechanical, electrical, woodworking et al. He is very meticulous about aesthetics. He even works on my guitars and I am extemely picky about that, as is he. His ability to visualize and fabricate solutions to problems & challenges is over the top. Every time I present to him a task he always outperforms my expectations. I usually pay him, but he has often done work for me free of charge. Everyone should be so fortunate to have a tool guy like mine. More examples of his work may be seen in one of my previous posts under the subject title "my mods."

He is very impressed with the quality of the materials & craftsmanship in my FWC Grandby, and that says a lot.

Back
Top Bottom