Covid Vaccine -- Have you got yours?

billharr

The wife and I got our vaccine 1-16-21, second shot scheduled for 2-13-21. Who else had gotten theirs?
Had a sore arm and mild headache the following day, not too bad. I hear the second shot may have more of a reaction, we will see.

I really hope live will be a little more normal for the two of us in March when we have some antibodies build up. REALLY tired of SIP.

Bill

Bill, both of us are over 70, but we have not received our vaccinations. I’m somewhat weathered in, so the SIP requirements aren’t getting to me... yet. I’m hoping to get the first dose by early February.

We are only in our 50's so way down on the list. I was hoping having a "compromised immune system" due to my chemo would get us some priority but no luck. But still feeling optimistic like there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will be here soon enough.

Hi Bill

I echo what Sage said...except I am not THAT old !

67 and counting.....and waiting for a vaccine.

Hope and I were just talking about the Polio Vaccine on sugar cubes.....she helped her dad administer...as a teenager.

David Graves

I remember getting both the Salk & the Sabin polio vaccines. For the sugar cubes, we travelled to a school several towns away where distribution was set up.

I had childhood friends that had polio. Some didn’t survive and some were crippled for life. It was a very real adversary for young folks. Don’t remember any hype like we experience with Covid daily. The primary caution was no swimming or playing in the creek which were severe restrictions for young boys in the southern Appalachians.

We had radio but no TV in our house at the time. We used to joke that we were so far up in the hills that the Grand Opry Show didn’t arrive until 02:30 Tuesday afternoon.

Paul

We'll find out when our time comes....................................

but we are so pleased vaccinations have started and sleeves are rolled up.

They should treat it like Polio and make a big push to get it out. I had an aunt who had polio. My mom had me and my brother first in line to get the polio shot. Had to get a note so I did not double up with the sugar cube.

If the anti vaxxers could only meet some people in the iron lung.

My parents are certainly next on the list. However Kaiser says don't call us, we'll call you when its your turn.

I'd like to be on some kind of list where the vaccine is about to time out and they just need am arm. I could get there in a hurry.

I'm an asst fire chief so we were offered the vaccination since we have potential exposures during our medical responses. I received my 2nd dose on 1/17. I had a sore arm for 48 hrs plus felt very tired and slightly off the day after. Not really much in the way of side effects. Theorhetically my immunity will be as good as it gets by Feb 1. That doesn't mean I can't transmit the virus, so social distancing and masks are still in order. I wouldn't want to bring it home to my wife. PS I'm also 70.

We are waiting -- probably a couple of months away at least. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I do remember standing in a line at my elementary school to get sugar cubes with polio vaccine. And I worked in remote parts of east Africa and the middle east for several years -- lots of vaccines for that -- including rabies for Madagascar (3 shots).

My wife and I are in the next scheduled group...she’s still teaching and I’m 66 with underlying. Ventura County announced they’re behind schedule and it’ll be several more weeks before they can even begin our group. The lack of vaccine doses is the culprit, we’re hoping a new vigorous and cogent federal response is going to jumpstart the process. We’re still hunkering down here.

Got mine thru work 1/08, ouch! Sore arm 1 1/2 days bad headache on left side of head same side got vaccine. Just yesterday started to feel normal. Worried about second shot. I think it’s referred to as booster shot, don’t think I want to go thru this again.

Russ

I had an email from a friend in SE Alaska, his village received their first round of vaccinations. I wish Oregon (and the rest of the nation)was as efficient.

Russ said
Got mine thru work 1/08, ouch! Sore arm 1 1/2 days bad headache on left side of head same side got vaccine. Just yesterday started to feel normal. Worried about second shot. I think it’s referred to as booster shot, don’t think I want to go thru this again.
‐‐-------------------------

Russ
Having some side effects is small compared to getting the virus and having life long health changes, or death. Like getting the shingles vaccine there is small side effects and a lot better than getting shingles.

Nevada ranks second from the bottom getting the vaccine per capita of population. Maybe things will start getting better. I can't get my 89 year old mom in to get a shot....

70 here and still on a couple "wait" lists :( Have a brother-in-law in Chicago area that is in PRISON he just turned 65 and has gotten both his shots???? WTF ????

I am lucky being in fire, so got my first shot. Bit of sore arm, but not other side effects. Shingles vaccination was much more feeling like I had a bad flue. Many volunteers helping with the logistics/scheduling/checking up on folks. Many thanks to those who are making it happen!

pvstoy said:
Russ said
‐‐-------------------------

Russ
Having some side effects is small compared to getting the virus and having life long health changes, or death. Like getting the shingles vaccine there is small side effects and a lot better than getting shingles.

Nevada ranks second from the bottom getting the vaccine per capita of population. Maybe things will start getting better. I can't get my 89 year old mom in to get a shot....
Hi
I’m hoping that our country will see your mom and so many others that need it receive the vaccine soon.
Our city jail is a friking Cvid spring board. 80% of det. officers got it some really bad.
Can’t help the workers if the others aren’t part of the solution.
Herd gentleman last year who was a test subject for vaccine trials. He said I’m doing this to help others, it’s what we have to do. I wear the mask, limited social contact, took this vaccine because I thought it the right thing to do.

Everything you said, I hear. Just scared and knowing how rushed the vaccine is makes my OCD mind working OT.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom