Cowboy Crispy Hashbrowns

Reckon a fella might find a video of that TV show on them Intertubes?

Yup

D'ya spose a fella might could find a whole 18 minutes of two rounds of Name That Tune filmed a week apart in 1958, while the championship rodeo was being held in Madison Square Garden?

Yup

Wonder iffin there's been a more enjoyable 18 minutes of TV filmed since 1958?

Nope

Gentlemen, with only a "Name that tune 1958" in the main YouTube search box, you can catch the first two of what was apparently 3 rounds of competition. The three contestants, one of whom was Benny Reynolds, all said they'd be "back next week" for the $10,000 round, so I imagine that can be found, as well.

What a welcome relief from Covid and politics!

Foy

Why I was acquainted with Benny. When I was a kid in the late fifties, my sister and I often visited neighbors - an older couple who became kind of like grandparents to us. Both my sister and I were shy and didn't talk much, just simply answered questions with - you guessed it. They would always remark, "Here comes Yup and Nope." Everyone had seen and enjoyed Benny Reynolds on that TV show. I can still remember their voices and had not recalled this memory until Mr. Sage mentioned Benny Reynolds here.

ski3pin said:
Why I was acquainted with Benny. When I was a kid in the late fifties, my sister and I often visited neighbors - an older couple who became kind of like grandparents to us. Both my sister and I were shy and didn't talk much, just simply answered questions with - you guessed it. They would always remark, "Here comes Yup and Nope." Everyone had seen and enjoyed Benny Reynolds on that TV show. I can still remember their voices and had not recalled this memory until Mr. Sage mentioned Benny Reynolds here.
Great story... I remember watching the program, but the real memories came from my job as a box boy (at the Piggly Wiggly) when a classmate and I would do the Yup and Nope routine when sweeping and mopping the store at night.

He is still cowboying down around the Bridgeport region.

DeWitt: "Benny, your first 3 answers were very enlightening". The host was pretty quick and very witty and this was broadcast live. Great stuff!

These videos, sure 'nough, got me hungry and dreaming of good grub.

Oh, oh, oh, that sauce looks so good.

Well shoot.... nothing worse than city folk wearing plaid as they go north....so I will be respectful and try to blend in going south (My Cousin Vinnie). .... I did fairly well when I married into Kentucky (Being a math teacher from Mass was a bit of a hurdle).... I am out of my league as far as tall and willowy goes.... being a short Irishman so cowboy boots will not be attempted. What the plan was before the 2020 crazies was to leave in January and return in April from roaming the southwest and Mexico in my Eagle.... that got 86'd and have been hunkered in our shire.

I lived/worked in South America (Paraguay 79-81) for 2 1/2 years and can speak Spanish on the conversational level.... I love cast iron cooking... and open fire kitchen cooking. Wish there was some way to cover that Massachusetts license plate though...
BTW I got the yup okay and my wife has the nope down.
PS My favorite was a sign in a shop that said "SHUT" ... not closed)

Yep it's differently a very different way of life.
I lived in Oklahoma for a while but that state is really strange.
Beautiful scenery though especially the eastern areas.
Nice rolling hills around the Canadian River area.
Frank

PS Bring on the cornbread and hoe cakes.Yummy

I don't know what he used,but we use a great product called Pepper Plant.
It's made locally in Gilroy ,Ca.
Comes in a bottle,several flavors to choose from. Or there is a "rub" type.
You can sprinkle the dry Pepper Plant on food great taste. Not a hot sauce
like Tabasco just mild and tasty.
We use it on poached eggs or fried ones.

I don't know if it'd available in your area. Check in the store shelf area with the
other "hot" sauces.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom