Cross Country this summer

willb122

Hi all,

I bought a four wheel last August and have been planning to take a few months off between jobs and travel across the country. I started my trip June 1st and it's been going great so far!

Things started out kind of rough last August when my camper got hit right after I got it, see post here:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/11216-roll-with-the-punches/

But everything's turned out for the best. I'm posting my loose schedule below and would love to meet up with anybody who will be where I am or hear suggestions for must do camp spots!

Check out my journey on my blog: www.willbrumas.com

June: Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Asheville NC & surrounding area, Atlanta (currently here), Gulf Coast, New Orleans, Big Bend National Park, Austin, TX
July: New Mexico, Denver and the rest of Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho
August: Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Oregon, Washington, Glacier National Park in Montana, Vancouver

wb

Here's the rig at the Nolichucky Gorge in eastern TN

Attachments

• WMB_8238.jpg
    WMB_8238.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 96
Happy paddling! August will be dry times for rivers in the PNW but there are always a few that are boatable. If you venture north of the border you'll find even more rivers flowing.

Nice rig, wb!

Hope you enjoyed the Nolichucky River Campground as much as I have over the last 20-25 years. I think it's a very nice spot.

Enjoy the trip (but I'm cringing at the thought of Big Bend in late June).

Foy

Not sure of dates but if / when you come to TX if you are on I35 by Waco give a shout...If you need anything coming through I can help. Always welcome fellow travelers to stop and crash or just kick back for a bit. Lengthy trip can cause minor needed repairs to vehicle and body ;) .

Back
Top Bottom