Dc to dc location for unit

dennis 221

So I posted this in battery thread no reply so I'll try here..i know nothing " so 2019 hawk roll over couch 2 batteries front passenger side 1) where does the dc to dc charger get placed 2) after upgrading truck to camper wire to 6gage do I need to change inside camper wiring? 3) Will I need to change the truckside an camper side connector plugs? Thanks

Dennis, a no nothing answer. I suspect you’ll want to disconnect battery charging from the 3 pin Attwood connector, but leave the ground and clearance lights connected. An Anderson type connector for the DC DC charger might be your best bet.

Just my 2¢…

dennis 221 said:
So I posted this in battery thread no reply so I'll try here..i know nothing " so 2019 hawk roll over couch 2 batteries front passenger side 1) where does the dc to dc charger get placed 2) after upgrading truck to camper wire to 6gage do I need to change inside camper wiring? 3) Will I need to change the truckside an camper side connector plugs? Thanks
I replied there

Note that FWC mounted the Redarc DCDC in my camper beneath the sink on the drivers side of my side dinette build; batteries are on the passenger side front.

Depending on the wire gauge and the amps the charger produces yes, you may need to tweak wiriing.

Back
Top Bottom