Death Valley - April 2012

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
All, I have started on my trip report from our spring break trip.

Death Valley April 2012 - Part One

Part Two
is complete.

And so is Part Three

I do these stories for friends and family around the country. They like to keep track of us. I have been asked to put them in a place a little easier for them to navigate. So, I'm giving this blogspot a try.

This is in no way an abandonment or any kind of dissatisfaction with Wander the West.

Hope you enjoy the story and coming along on the adventure as it develops.

Thanks!

Wonderful pics and writing, looking forward to more!

We were at the same spot at Hole in the Wall early March. We just weren't comfortable camping in the wash, the whole drainage went though the gap. Speaking with a Ranger the next day, he said there are no issues until the summer monsoon season, in fact they had suggested Hole in the Wall for camping. We later found that alot of the camping in Death Valley is in similiar washes.

We also had a great trip. Had huge winds and duststorms, which were great to experience.

Rob, Death Valley is such a wonderful place. I know what you mean about camping in washes. We are really keeping a eye out on the weather.

Great write up and pictures. Silt Canyon looks amazing.

I used to live in Tahoe city and miss the days of rolling down to Death Valley when some respite from the snow was needed.

Thanks for the report.

Great report. I like the Ebloger format. I just set up one for my trip in May to Oregon and Washington.

Thank your for the idea of using a blog.

They were still in camp. They had a story.

To be continued………………………………………………………….

Damn now I am hooked and have keep reading. :D

If Death valley has a Hall of Fame like rockand roll and baseball have, I nominate the Ski3pins to be inducted. Nobody knows DV like they know DV. Their trip reports always leave me feeling like a groupie fan.

Excellent write up and photos, Ski. I like the blog format. It looks a bit like WordPress, of which I know just enough to be dangerous. :oops: Susan and I have both been enjoying the photos and talking about how we can get down to Marble Canyon.

If Death valley has a Hall of Fame like rockand roll and baseball have, I nominate the Ski3pins to be inducted. Nobody knows DV like they know DV. Their trip reports always leave me feeling like a groupie fan.

Yes, Ted, the 3pins sure do know DV. Thanks for the photos, Monte!

Outstanding one 3 Pinners, I'm thinking another trip up those canyons is in order. Without the stinking Aussie who nearly killed me up there last time! You sure know how to whip up some suspense. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments. To have these wonderful areas protected and available for us to explore and experience is a special treasure.

Back
Top Bottom