Death Valley National Park - February 2023

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Nice Monte.Still always amazes me all the "civilized"stuff left behind
and how a lot of it got to some of the remote places.
Well you are almost "u tube stars".

Thanks for the stories.
Frank

Occidental said:
I always enjoy tales from the "Valley of Death". All my hours on YouTube I've never run across Wonderhussy (and I'm not going to search either). Looking forward to part 2, as usual!
:)

Thanks for taking us back to DV and Trail Canyon. Fun that you crossed paths with Wonderhussy. This may be the video she shot just before seeing you guys:

AWG_Pics said:
Thanks for taking us back to DV and Trail Canyon. Fun that you crossed paths with Wonderhussy. This may be the video she shot just before seeing you guys:

Bingo! She is prolific, isn't she?

Camel tracks in the road, now that is a find. I’m curious if anyone else would notice something like that!

Thanks for letting us tag along, and BTW, yer new camera is doing a great job, and compliments the photographer’s talent.

Great report! Good eye on the camel track, but we know you two have a knack for finding things. And good thing that Julie took the doc's advice instead of that other advice. It's hard to keep up with her!

I wish Wonder Hussy had hiked up to the Morning Glory Mine and grabbed our walkie talkie we left there a couple years ago.

What are the odds the two of you would eventually run into WH "in the middle of nowhere"?
I like Sarah Jane much better, but I'm sure it wouldn't get the clicks.

That's for sharing another adventure. You have a talent for finding those mammal fossils, especially camels.
Looking forward to a vicarious Benton episode next.

Another great trip repost. I will check out Wonder Hussy's channel later today. We follow several campers and travelers on Youtube. One of our favorites is Itchy Boots, who rides her motorcycle all over the world. I have put her long summary video of her trip from Patagonia to Alaska below. We watched the trips weekly over two years.

Great part 2.I bet you were very close to strangling that PT person.
What a idiot.She obviously didn't know anything about Julie or want to listen to her.

That "big boulder" canyon very well named.

Thanks.
Frank

Thx for the nice TR. and your link to mz wonderhussy. i checked out her utube, and she spent a lot of time investigating the buildings and trailer interiors - something you two dont seem to do on your TR's !! :)

goinoregon said:
Thx for the nice TR. and your link to mz wonderhussy. i checked out her utube, and she spent a lot of time investigating the buildings and trailer interiors - something you two dont seem to do on your TR's !! :)
Yup, we tend to look for the much much older stuff. :)

If you are interested it these mine sites, I include more information and photos in the story of our visit in November 2017.

Thanks for the 3rd part.Again very interesting.
Looks like you are enjoying your new camera.

It takes some great photos.

Thanks for including the Fossil Falls info,it saw
very interesting to read.

It's always a special treat to read your reports.
Frank

Climbing up and down dunes is harder than climbing hills! Another very fun trip report.

Thank you for another wonderful episode.

Panamint dunes are a favorite, and an uphill hike! We haven't made it to the summit of Lake Hill either. There are suspicious rock collections to the east, but not verified as historic.

"We spent a good portion of the day wandering up the canyon to the west. I don’t believe I’ve pointed out that this canyon is the Pleistocene water outflow route from the Mono Lake Basin. The flood waters continued down into Queen Valley and flowed south into the Owens Valley. Owens Lake overflowed and its flood waters created Fossil Falls"

I did not know about this. Wouldn't we see more signs of water erosion?

Back
Top Bottom