Death Valley Rally Jan 2009 - The DD Report

great report DD, awesome pics and descriptions...wish i was there!

And to think I even pulled over on the Cerro Gordo road and didn't do the drive. Gives me motivation to that route into DV now.

DD,

Great report, great pics!:thumb: And to think I was so close to DV when I visited the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest last Oct. I sure would like to do a trip like this with you all next time...however, I guess I would have to get a 4X4 truck to go into some of those back country places???

DD,

Great report, great pics!:thumb: And to think I was so close to DV when I visited the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest last Oct. I sure would like to do a trip like this with you all next time...however, I guess I would have to get a 4X4 truck to go into some of those back country places???

I think you could have done all of that except for Lippincott road.

Thanks DD, Enjoyed your report and pictures. I would have enjoyed meeting up in the Alabama Hills to show you some Archs. Neat place and great trip.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling and making it happen.

So I missed the big get together and got to Death Valley last Wednesday. I think you earlier guys got the better weather, Furnace Creek was full of running water and by Saturday almost all the roads were closed. But Thursday AM we hit Titus Canyon for a great ride and didn't see another soul until we finished.
470923850_GmJvu-S.jpg

Friday the weather was changing and the kilns had a different look
470927460_b6vS7-S.jpg

Plans for the racetrack were literally washed away, leaves a good reason to revisit next year.

We were there right after the storms... A miserable time for us... You report gives me the hope that we will go back!!! Thanks... Meanwhile here in Big Bend it was a nice 96 this pm...

Be well... Ara & Spirit

The Oasis of my Soul... 400 chapters... 900+/- days on the road...

We were there right after the storms... A miserable time for us... You report gives me the hope that we will go back!!! Thanks... Meanwhile here in Big Bend it was a nice 96 this pm...

Be well... Ara & Spirit

The Oasis of my Soul... 400 chapters... 900+/- days on the road...

Nice to see you poke your head in here Ara, I've been following your story with both fascination and envy for some time now. Welcome.

Nice to see you poke your head in here Ara, I've been following your story with both fascination and envy for some time now. Welcome.

Ditto. I'm extrmely envious. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom