Camping Rally at Meadow Lake October 10-12.

mynxd, service very unlikely at the lake. Figure about a 40 minute drive to the highway from the lake with a camper. That may be what you have to do to get service.

Tomas, one of the original members and yet we have never met. It would be great if you could stop in! And Saturday would be a good day to do it. I would estimate 2 and 1/2 hours from ATC to the lake. From Chico you would likely drop down to Yuba City then go out HWY 20. That route would be about 3 hours. Hope you make it.

Tomas,
There's a short-cut off 99 north of Marysville that'll zg-zag you thru the fields a little but cuts significant distance off the Chico to Nevada City drive. One side of the triangle kind of thing. The hint for the left turn off of 99 going south is a little cinder block building on the near side of the road that your turn left onto (hides it until you're on top of it).Who knows what it is now, but over my years in Chico it was a taco stand, vacant, and a bar. In my time there it was always painted a blue-gray and partly hidden by bushes/trees. The hint heading to Chico is that the turn is in the middle of a big, sweeping left-hander. Don't recall any distinctive landmarks right at that turn unfortunately, but a couple miles down that road there will be a Silo on the left and a road coming in on the right, right at it, that you want to take.
Link below says ~1.5 hrs Chico to NV City.

http://mapq.st/1xHX0L0

Lighthawk,
I'd love to take you up on that, but it'll likely now have to wait until Spring.

Tomas Tierra said:
That sounds do-able!
I'm going to start to lightly tap the fringe buttons with wife, kids, and in law family in Chico.. Hopefully I will get a hall pass for the night..
Thanks for the comeback Ted .... I better start getting my Taco cart together!
TT
Thank you Ted! Good short cut..Sounding more and more like an adventure to a new place..
Scratching the taco cart for the Ceviche wagon...

TT

Weather forecast is looking great. Low seventies to mid seventies (checking surrounding communities, hard to tell which might be best for Meadow Lake, I figure a bit colder at the lake) and around 40 at night. Can't beat that for October. I'll pack an extra pair of shorts. Still not sure what I'm bringing for the pot luck but I'll have something. Ooh, just had a thought.

craig333 said:
Weather forecast is looking great. Low seventies to mid seventies (checking surrounding communities, hard to tell which might be best for Meadow Lake, I figure a bit colder at the lake) and around 40 at night. Can't beat that for October. I'll pack an extra pair of shorts. Still not sure what I'm bringing for the pot luck but I'll have something. Ooh, just had a thought.
cool at nights and hot during the day here in Susanvilled. My thoughts too on what to bring-sooo what do they need, or better what's other people bringing :p ? Most things do go with pig :D !

Smoke

I was thinking about grilling some bratwurst for the pot luck. Would this conflict with anyone else's plans? Let me know so I can change to something else. Thanks.

Mike

Mike, that might be a bit redundant considering Marc is cooking his usual large pork based item. Maybe you could bring some more natto. No wait, Doug won't be there. Nevermind.

Don't fret over this whole pot luck thing. We're camping for goodness sakes. Go with the KISS method. That's great if you have a killer recipe or are the master at dutch ovens and want to impress. But getting some packaged item at the grocery store works just as well. I know MarkBC is doing the pies I have been fortunate enough to partake in myself. But I assure you I am not going to that much work. Don't forget you have to store and transport whatever you bring. So keep it simple and in your comfort range.

Ted said:
Mike, that might be a bit redundant considering Marc is cooking his usual large pork based item. Maybe you could bring some more natto. No wait, Doug won't be there. Nevermind.

Don't fret over this whole pot luck thing. We're camping for goodness sakes. Go with the KISS method. That's great if you have a killer recipe or are the master at dutch ovens and want to impress. But getting some packaged item at the grocery store works just as well. I know MarkBC is doing the pies I have been fortunate enough to partake in myself. But I assure you I am not going to that much work. Don't forget you have to store and transport whatever you bring. So keep it simple and in your comfort range.
Great job Ted of organizing. I guess that's why you get paid the BIG $$$$$$$.
Have a great time to all.
Sorry to miss this one.
Frank

I'll be there and bringing this.................

gallery_220_29_117781.jpg

Yep, the forecast is definitely looking mighty fair for camping this weekend:

East of Meadow Lake, Truckee:
Weather_Truckee_20141006-pm.jpg

West of Meadow Lake, Soda Springs:
Weather_Soda-Springs_20141006-pm.jpg

Not a good forecast for drought-ending, but nice to be indulged by the weather gods for one weekend...before they let loose with the snow and the rain and break the drought. :)

I'm bringing one of these Alps tables:

Camp-Table-2014-New.jpg

I don't usually have the table with me, but I bet others do and will this time.
A couple more could be handy for setting food, etc. on for group-thing.
:)

Ted said:

Some #10 cans from Costco should do the trick. See you there.

Mike

I will be bringing a full size table (costco plastic folding table) as well as an EZ-UP. I believe XP marc will be bringing an EZ-UP as well. I will be bringing a few growlers from a local brewery, Redwood Curtain.....Great Nano-brew. I will also be bringing and appetizer cheese, apple, grape, salami plate. Cheese will be from Cypress Grove...if anyone has any favorites let me know.

Cheers,

Cort

Patrick, glad to see you are bringing the camper. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

I have about a case of leftover mixed beers from a party, mostly IPA's. I'll bring those up so I don't drink them all myself. Also have a double magnum of Chianti I've been waiting to have a group before I open. As for food, I'll be doing a broccoli ramon noodle salad coleslaw kind of thing. Should work as a side dish with the pork.

How about paper plates, etc., do we need stuff like that or is it all Dutch? Thought about more beer too, still have time to think about what to bring. By the way, the feed is Saturday, right-I think I remember seeing that in one of the early posts-I think? I'm still planning to come up on Thursday Ted -so I can help with any set up! Waiting for the outcome of the Giants game today before I know for sure when I leave- to many decisions, not uses to so many people, well at least the weather will be nice.

Smoke

It is Saturday, smoke. Hmmm, plates? On the one hand, we all carry them to eat off of. But on the other hand, might be helpful to have extras. Sure, why not. If they don't get used this weekend you can use them on future camping trips.

4llamas said:
No way I was ever going to be able to attend this rendezvous, but I've been reading along with interest. You all have a great time and be safe.
x2! I hope someone takes (and posts) some pictures so we can join the fun after the fact.

Back
Top Bottom