Deaver

hebegebe

I'm having Deaver build new springs for my Tundra. My original deaver springs were for rock crawling an too thin for an upgrade. Now the hawk and my 701 can hang off the back with the airbags empty! Installed is $1000 ouch Have 1 gen tundra deavers for sale for the desert slammers

Finally had my new springs installed! Seems someone lost my contact info so.... put my camper on last nite and it sits absolutely level! Hooked up 12’ cargo trailer and loaded it and 2” sag. I retained my airbags and 20# seems to level it. Feels much more planted and safe. Heading out for a week so I’m stoked!

I’ve been on a couple trips now and the new springs are great! 10-20# of air in bags to soften up the ride slightly. Reduce tires to 40# unloaded to make it less harsh. The cost from Deaver is $1080 installed

Small lift with no weight absolutely level loaded. I am pleased with empty ride quality a bit stiff but no blood in the urine!

I've spent my life driving service trucks. Even with some heavier springs I don't think ride is a concern. I'm rarely driving the truck empty. Mostly the camper only comes out when I need to haul something else.

Awesome to hear. I just ordered a flatbed Hawk for my 2007 8' bed Tundra - having Marc at XPCamper build the flatbed for it. Am I hearing you right that you've also got a Hawk on your Tundra and your hanging a Husky 701 moto off the back? If so, that's what I'm after!

The guys installing my flatbed offer Alcan springs - at around 1500 bucks installed - would you recommend waiting and bringing it to Deaver? I'm in SD too so it'd be a drive up to LA to get 'em done.

I've already got Firestone Ride-rite airbags on the truck and it seems like the Deavers would be exactly what I need to get the thing set up correctly.

Thanks for any advice and great to hear your truck is set up so nicely.

I'm sure Alcan is also very familiar with upgrading springs for trucks that carry FWC's. When I read the truck forums I see way to many folks who just order the stock Deaver off road springs and then find out they aren't what they need when the put a camper or boat on the hitch. A simple phone call to them would have resulted in a custom spring that would have satisfied their needs. This goes for most any spring place. Tell them what you want and give them some weights. That's what they do for a living.

Yep - just decided I'm going to drive it home on the airbags and then take it to Deaver and have them set it all up with the truck fully loaded out.

I drove for years with Deaver off road springs and airbags and was “happy” but wanted to be in a fail safe situation if an airbag popped. I have an ultimate off road hauler rack for the 701sm used a 7” hitch extension so I can open camper door enough while it’s jacked up.

Hebegebe I wasn't pointing at you. I've done a lot of reading on Tundra springs lately. Lotsa folks seem to have forgotten that vendors have phones.

Your reasoning and mine are pretty much the same for buying new springs. The airbags mostly work fine. Except for the every now and then bouncy ride situation. But the big driver for me was failure. Don't want to be in a situation where an airbag failure far from home would cause me an issue.

That and the camper pretty much stays loaded in the truck these days. Good steel springs are a fix it and forget it solution.

Squatch said:
Hebegebe I wasn't pointing at you. I've done a lot of reading on Tundra springs lately. Lotsa folks seem to have forgotten that vendors have phones.

Your reasoning and mine are pretty much the same for buying new springs. The airbags mostly work fine. Except for the every now and then bouncy ride situation. But the big driver for me was failure. Don't want to be in a situation where an airbag failure far from home would cause me an issue.

That and the camper pretty much stays loaded in the truck these days. Good steel springs are a fix it and forget it solution.

Hey Squatch no offense taken at all I had done complete suspension when the truck was new long before I had my camper. It was just what I wanted then I only wish I had saved my old springs since this truck had a factory tow pkg. Everything in life is a kit and needs to be tailored to ones needs an desires

Back
Top Bottom