delete

you are braver than me! i would be concerned about crossing that creek without some partner verhicles around

ramblinChet said:
Thank you kmacafee for introducing me to this product.

OK, I have been thinking for months about how to mount my four MAXTRAX in a secure location while still being able to retrieve them quickly. The roof was a consideration although most all of the area will be occupied by solar panels and even more weight on top of a pop-up is not a good thing. In the future there should be a rear swing-away tire carrier module for my AEV rear bumper but it may not provide for securely mounting MAXTRAX.

Here is the Trax-Clamp manufactured by Quick Pitch in South Africa:

This will bolt on to the side of my FWC and will accept all four MAXTRAX
gallery_11029_1446_1814.jpg

Here is the lever which captures two or four MAXTRAX and can also be locked
gallery_11029_1446_60808.jpg

Pop the lever open and seconds later MAXTRAX are available to use - no ratchet straps, bolts, etc.
gallery_11029_1446_22887.jpg

gallery_11029_1446_32608.jpg

No worries. I just came off White Rim Trail in Canyonlands and while I never needed them, it was nice to know they were accessible.

hey RC, have you installed your stove/heater? i am interested in how you plumbed the exhaust, as well as fresh air intake.
thx
go

thx. i bought a propex propane heater last year, and had a heck of a time sourcing 'thru hull's. probably due to that i did not know that was what they are called. am now finding some, but they all seem to be completely open, and i wonder how they are supposed to keep little bugs/critters from getting into the 1" opening, and building nests, etc. am not finding any so far with any type of screen, mesh.
go

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom