delete

I need to run the math on mine. I just assumed I wouldn't have an issue charging it. Not good to assume.

Inverters are pretty inexpensive these days. Worth oversizing a bit, but your calculations look ballpark correct. Most modern alternators on vehicles will put out way more than you need to run a small (250-500W) inverter to charge your saw.

Yup, your napkin math looks good. Another way to do this math is to take 5AH battery at 56V and convert that to AH for 12V to get it into familiar numbers. so 56/12 = 4.67. Let's round tht up to 5. 5AH * 5 =25AH at 12V.

Now if you are recharging that in 1 hour, you need 25A at roughly 14V = 350Watts.

500W inverter should do it. I suspect your charger will be happier with a pure sine wave style inverter too, so consider that when you are shopping,

I have a Ryobi chainsaw that runs off the same battery as my other tools. I use this 12v charger for the batteries so no need for inverter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026SRQEM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This allows me to always have a battery for my drill, impact gun and inflator. Not sure if they make a chainsaw with an 18" bar, so this may not suit your needs.

Note: I no longer carry the chainsaw and replaced it with a bow saw and an axe. The bar oil was just too much of a mess.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Patrick, that is a monster, both in size and price.

Yes it is. 7 years ago I introduced it to our trail crew and now most carry one when walking the trails to clear trees and clean up on the spot for smaller stuff. I once did a 20 inch diameter tree. I carry a few nylon wedges and a ax. The big stuff we come back with chainsaws.

Back
Top Bottom