Delivery Date 7/7/07!

Uncle Grumpy

Advanced Member
Talked to Ben today and it looks if all goes well by tomorrow afternoon I'll be sporting my brand spanking new ATC Super Shell on the back of the Tundra.
It will have: front slider, back window, extra drivers side window, awning light, awning, rear floods,screen door, dead bolt, 12volt outlet, flourescents,Aux batt system and an L shaped couch.
Woo Hoo!
I won't get a chance to put it to good use for a few weeks but just having it' ll be a thrill and I can begin the fun part; dialing in all the little bits and then taking it on the road!
Very Excited!

7/7/07......

Uncle Grumpy,
Congrats on your new friend. Have a bunch of fun with it!
Brian

And there ya go!
e8b3eef4.jpg

That's Ben over on the left, recording for posterity, the ATC boys' fine work.
e8b3eef2.jpg

Opened up
e8b3eef5.jpg

More pics

A surprising little bit of personalizing thanks to a secret communique between my BW and the ATC boys. :)
e8b3edf8.jpg

We wanted to feel at home away from home and since the house is a wild tropic scene so is the camper.
Ben has a regular string of jokes about how bright the upholstery is :p

e8b3edec.jpg

Alltogether I'm pretty impressed by the construction and can't wait to find a nice secluded beach to park it on.

Ben and Marty , Thanks again!

grumps camper

Wow, thanks for posting the photos so quick. Looks good. Looking forward to hearing about your trips and the sun burn from the reflected light off the interior.:D

Now that is truely a thing of beauty! Nice work!

That appears to not be a 2007 Tundra ('07 red tail light is on top).

What model of ATC is that?

Is the ATC wider much than 80" or is that Tundra not 79.9" like the 2007 Tundra?

Confused,
Mike

That appears to not be a 2007 Tundra ('07 red tail light is on top).

What model of ATC is that?

Is the ATC wider much than 80" or is that Tundra not 79.9" like the 2007 Tundra?

Confused,
Mike

Who said is was an 07 tundra?

I was just indicating that I know it is not an '07, and that the '07 is wider than the older Tundra's.

I was just so surprised on how wide that ATC camper looks on that truck.

I am just trying to find out how wide that ATC is, or how wide whatever year that truck is.

Is there some place on the ATC web site where the physical width/height/weight/etc is listed?

Mike

I was just indicating that I know it is not an '07, and that the '07 is wider than the older Tundra's.

I am just trying to find out how wide that ATC is, or how wide whatever year that truck is.

Is there some place on the ATC web site where the physical width/height/weight/etc is listed?

Mike

ther should be, looks like they may only have the panther (https://www.allterraincampers.com/Panther_Floor_Plan.html), one thing i do know is they are 4" wider than the FWC, more storage space. the eagle is 69" msking the bobcat 73"...or pretty close, 2" wider on each side...i think. ben should chime in here at some point with the accurate info...

Yes, I saw that web page, but there is not really any info about the outside width/height/weight/etc.

According to http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/specs.html, the KEYSTONE, GRANDBY, HAWK = 80", and the RANGER, EAGLE, FALCON = 69".

So, I guess that model? ATC is 80" + 4" = 84".

Hmm, looks a lot more than that to my 58.96712328 year old eyes. ;)

Mike

EDIT: Oh, it must be a Shell model, and can be any width the customer wants???

Yes, I saw that web page, but there is not really any info about the outside width/height/weight/etc.

According to http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/specs.html, the KEYSTONE, GRANDBY, HAWK = 80", and the RANGER, EAGLE, FALCON = 69".

So, I guess that model? ATC is 80" + 4" = 84".

Hmm, looks a lot more than that to my 58.96712328 year old eyes. ;)

Mike

EDIT: Oh, it must be a Shell model, and can be any width the customer wants???

are the shell widths adjustable? seems like that would be a PITA, i think they are standard as well...

For what it is worth, http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/specs.html says, "Width = VARIES" for Shell Models.

Mike

mike, you are correct sir! thats pretty cool, you could get a super skinny one if you wanted...personally, i'd rather have skinny, more visability, aerodynamics, less storage...

Mike

Got it. The ATC "cougar" and "panther" models are 83" wide and the "bobcat" is 69" wide. I know this because I ordered one and Ben gave me these figures. The new 07 Tundras are just under 80" wide, but that is deceiving because measured from outside bedrail to bedrail it is more like 77" (I have one). Couldn't find the width of the 1st generation Tundras (msn autos had both 75 and 79"; somehow 79" doesn't seem right as the new ones look much larger). Hope that helps.

By the way, if you call/email ATC they will get you whatever info you want. They are extraordinarily customer friendly.

Back
Top Bottom