Delivery Date 7/7/07!

mike, you are correct sir! thats pretty cool, you could get a super skinny one if you wanted...personally, i'd rather have skinny, more visability, aerodynamics, less storage...
Exactly!

I am having a very difficult time comparing ATC vs FWC.

I am really impressed with the FWC Grandby (but that is the only truck camper I have ever been in).

I made a 2000 mile round trip in our old van to go to the 2007 NATCOA Truck Camper Show in Ogallala, Nebraska just to look at different truck popup campers.

I bet I asked Sean Dempsey (Wisconsin FWC rep) a ga-zillion questions!

I really like the 80" width.

Mike

That is not a 2007 Tundra. I have a 2000 Tundra with a FWC Ranger. Here is a picture showing the width. The max width of the Ranger is 70 1/2 inches with the jack brackets.

My Tundra max width is just a little over 80 inches. I had to put on jack extension brackets so that the jacks would clear the stock TRD fender flairs.

I've been looking at the new Tundra and have visited the dealer a couple of times, taking measurements. The FWC Hawk or Grandby would be a great fit on the new 2007 Tundra. It's funny but the inside bed measurements of the 2007 Tundra aren't that much larger than the old one - except the bed depth (rail height).

It sounds like Brett will have your answer in a couple of weeks when he picks up his new ATC since he has a 2007 tundra...

Attachments

• 20070217_sm1.jpg
    20070217_sm1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 248
I've been looking at the new Tundra and have visited the dealer a couple of times...
Me Too!

Tomorrow I am going to test drive (maybe buy) a 2007 2dr Tundra Reg Cab 4WD Long Bed 4.7L SR5. (They have 0% for 60 months that ends 7/31).

Mike

Man, I goofed. Just looked at my notes and the bobcat is 73". Measured the width from the bedrails on the new tundra and it is 72" wide. Ben will have to correct me on the width of panther/cougars too; can't find it in my notes.

Toyota says the new Tundra is 80" wide, but I guess than includes the fender flares or bumpers because the bed rails at the top are definately about 72. The bobcat I ordered should probably be a pretty sleek fit.

Here is a link to a pic of a new Cougar on a new Tundra (long bed)
https://www.allterraincampers.com/Larry_Czarnecki_s_Page.html

Brett,
So, you ordered a Bobcat??? I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics!

Did they have to increase the height to fit the 22 1/2 inch bed rail height on the new Tundra?

That should be a great setup.

Jim,

Ben is adding a few inches to the floor pack to accommodate the bed depth. Believe me, I'm looking forward to it more than you! :D

We pick it up next weekend, so I'll be sure to let you know and you can come check it out. Then we can post a group shot.

-B

Back
Top Bottom