Dinette table keeps “sinking”

Escapepod

Advanced Member
We have a front dinette in our Grandby. It was annoying to have the tabletop sink lower with traveling and/or table-turning in the pillar mount, no matter how tightly I adjusted it. SOLVED: a piece of rubber bike tire tubing, doubled over the pillar, seems to stop the sinking. IMG_2806.JPGIMG_2807.JPGIMG_2808.JPGIMG_2809.JPG

Nice solution. I liked this mount so much when I was touring the demos when I was having my shell installed I bought one and mounted it in my build. Haven't had an issue with the table 'sinking" yet but when I do I will give this a try.

We had the same problem on our trip to Alaska last summer. I ended up tightening it too tight which damaged the tubing. FWC provided me a new assembly on warranty. I then went to Ace Hardware and purchased two 1-1/2" washers, one nylon and one SS. I also purchased a SS hose clamp. I put the hose clamp, the SS washer, and the nylon washer on the tubing above the table mount so the plastic in the mount is against the nylon washer. Tightening the hose clamp around the tubing locks the washers in place and allows the table to swing side to side without sinking down. Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom