Dometic code flashes

Funstini

Advanced Member
Back again, always when I need help. Thanks for being there.

I installed a new Dometic CR-110, hooked everything up and it is throwing out a 3-flash code on both AC and DC. Unplugged everything to reset the unit and still has the code coming up. Of course there's no tech support for this unit. The trouble shooting guide says "motor doesn't start" 1) The rotor is jammed 2) Pressure difference in the cooling system is too high (> 5 bar). Can't figure out what the rotor is and the #2 I turned the thermostat down below 5 and still nothing. Any ideas?

If you received the fridge via a shipping company, did you let it "sit upright" for the time required in the manual before applying electrical power?

Did you purchased it through Amazon, then it's time to return it as a defective unit.

Yeah, the unit was sitting upright for at least a couple weeks before it was turned on. Got it through West Marine and know they will exchange it. A big hassle in taking it back out and returning it though. So you're thinking it is defective huh?

I'm thinking that "defective" is probably the easiest path for you.

If you did not remove it, and it fixed itself in some magic way, would you really feel good about trusting it for the next year or so?

And, removing it and getting it "fixed" is not IMO as good as "new".

So, removing it is mandatory IMO.

Thanks, I think you're right. I called a repair center and they said the first appointment date was Sept. 29 ......... so much for that.

When you get the next one, before you mount/install it in the camper, work up a temporary wiring harness, run it for a couple of days or maybe a week or two to make sure it is working to your desires.

I agree with Alley-Kat, hook the new one up and run it before you install the new one. You might even try the current refer to see how it acts outside of the camper. There's a possibility you could see what's causing it to code.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom