Donuts

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks,heading that way on Tuesday.Will stop on the way north or on the return south.
Frank
Thanks for answering camelracer. I've been camping (go figure) and just saw this. Not sure my answer would have got to Frank in time.

Ah. The donuts. I meant to update but life (no, unfortunately, death --) intervened.

Anyhow. I took donuts. I didn't observe a feeding frenzy.

Nice guys. Marty gave me tons of time, talked through all manner of detail about the Bobcat and how best to set up a camper for me.

I was pretty much sold before I went, but after visiting I'm really sold. Great workmanship. I like the idea of a small, clearly skilled crew working together.

I need to talk to Canada Customs in a couple of weeks about import issues, and my insurance guys and then I'll likely put in an order.

I also need to figure out the suspension thing--I'm getting a variety of opinions. Truck is a 2008 Ranger. I don't mean to unravel this thread further, so I'll look at the suspension stuff on the forum, and think my way through this. I guess I've got a while until I take delivery, anyhow...suggestions most welcome.

ebredberg said:
Ah. The donuts. I meant to update but life (no, unfortunately, death --) intervened.

They were just nice enough to wait till you were gone before they attacked the doughnuts. I've seen them in action, don't get a hand in the way !!

ebredberg said:

Nice guys. Marty gave me tons of time, talked through all manner of detail about the Bobcat and how best to set up a camper for me.

I was pretty much sold before I went, but after visiting I'm really sold. Great workmanship. I like the idea of a small, clearly skilled crew working together.

I need to talk to Canada Customs in a couple of weeks about import issues, and my insurance guys and then I'll likely put in an order.

I also need to figure out the suspension thing--I'm getting a variety of opinions. Truck is a 2008 Ranger. I don't mean to unravel this thread further, so I'll look at the suspension stuff on the forum, and think my way through this. I guess I've got a while until I take delivery, anyhow...suggestions most welcome.
Re: Canada Customs - I crossed into Alberta June 2012 at Glacier National Park Montana / Waterton Lakes National Park , AB to try to avoid the BC PST. The Border Crossing Guards (3) spent more than 30 minutes trying to figure out a way to not collect the BC part of the 12 percent tax, but couldn't do it If you live in BC, I would still try it, as the combined GST/PST has since been turned back to what it was (separate taxes). They eventually posted a transaction for much less than the declared value, to help minimize the tax bill. If you are a couple, Get Marty/Jeff to put $800 in options on a separate invoice so you both can claim the $800 personal exemption (assuming you are going back to Sacramento to get an install done). Ask Marty / Jeff about Nevada delivery to avoid CA taxes on pickup. The only Ranger pickup I know of with a Bobcat used timbrens as the only suspension mod. The individual did no off road or dirt road driving.

Re: Insurance - I have the camper on my Home policy (TD Insurance), but the liability with ICBC (BC rules).

Thanks for this, MYNXD--interesting about the Alberta crossing! Yes, I'll likely collect the vehicle in Nevada.

I don't think I'll do much actual off-road, but I'm pretty sure I'll be off-pavement fairly often, at least I hope so. So far Timbrens sound like they're likely my best bet--particularly as I intend to leave the camper on the van. (No place to keep it.)

I'll be stopping at ATC mid-June '17 to have them install "roof lifting helper shocks thingys", and replace the rear halogen spot/flood lights.

So, are donuts still OK after 1367 days ago?

Mike

PS: 3 years, 8 months, 29 days ago

Thanks.

"We try to always bring fresh baked chocolate cookies."...it is ~2200 miles and 32 hours with NO stops... the cookies will either be cold or eaten by the time we get to ATC. :)

Mike

Mike, as a quick aside since I always notice your Kalamazoo, MI location. My great, great, great grandfather Jacob was one of the first settlers in Schoolcraft Township, Kalamazoo County in the early 1830's. I'm into family history. I need to get back there someday for research. I have the locations of his land purchases from the government land office. It would be fun to see the land.

Back to donuts. :)

Back
Top Bottom