door security/dead bolt pix?

telebrewer

Advanced Member
Does anyone have a picture of a deadbolt installed or any other anti-door opening device? I think I want to install some kind of a deadbolt so my door quits flying open on road trips. I did try adjusting the strike plate and everything else. The latch is just worn...Thanks...

I'll be tinkering on the camper tonight and can get some if someone else doesn't in the meantime.

Edit: Here ya go, if you need some dims or something more detailed let me know I'll be working on stuff again tomorrow to get things buttoned back up a bit to ideally take out for an over nighter.
DSC02895Small.jpg

DSC02896Small.jpg

DSC02897Small.jpg

If you're adding (or changing) a deadbolt you may want to consider the new Kwickset Smart Key locks.

I recently moved to a new house and had to change all my locks and the Smart Key type worked so well I put one of their deadbolts on my FWC Falcon. I now use my house key for the camper.

Basically the system allows you to change a lock to a different key in less than a minute. If I want to loan out my camper or allow someone access to my house or shop It's easy to temporarily change just that lock to a new key.

Rob

If you're adding (or changing) a deadbolt you may want to consider the new Kwickset Smart Key locks.

I recently moved to a new house and had to change all my locks and the Smart Key type worked so well I put one of their deadbolts on my FWC Falcon. I now use my house key for the camper.

Basically the system allows you to change a lock to a different key in less than a minute. If I want to loan out my camper or allow someone access to my house or shop It's easy to temporarily change just that lock to a new key.

Rob

We had a security door installed on our house last year and it had the same style locks so it was able to be easily keyed the same as our house. Just be careful when you are rekeying. One of the tumblers didn't drop properly when the lock was being rekeyed by the installer and he ended up having to go get another lock since it didn't match our key.

Kyle

Back
Top Bottom