Drop zone

Flyfisher

I have a 2005 Hawk. The counter that has the sink and stove ends at the forward end just short of meeting the front window wall. This two inch gap is usually responsible whenever anything disappears. I stuffed a towel in there this trip, but I wondered if people with the same problem have come up with something better.
Thanks,
Gregg

I've had the same trouble with that slot/gap on my 2005 Hawk -- stuff rolls into it and it's too narrow for my arm to reach into it.

There was a topic some time ago that talked about that little zone. But most of the discussion was about how to use that zone -- for storage, mostly -- a lemons-to-lemonade kinda thing. Some vintages of FWC have a bigger gap, big enough to use it as storage.

I just found it:
"What do you do with the Cubbyhole?"

I would not mind a solution to this problem. I have had one or two items slip in that crack. If my camper is tilted down slightly and I am not cautious about my washing in the sink, water has been known to run into that crack. For now, I just try and be careful.

I also notice, on cold mornings, a draft can be felt coming out of that crack. It is really just caused by warm heater air cooling in the crack and flowing down. I sit on the couch with my feet by the opening in the morning while I sip my coffee and often times put a towel along the side opening to stop the draft.

I would probably just put some sort of dam along the right side of the counter. It would stop water and keep items from falling in. I need to get some ideas at the hardware store.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom