DV Christmas Break 2017

Great Part 1.
I'd be careful posting the pics of the dog off leash in the park especially with the recent amount of off-leash and ill mannered dogs at the springs. I'm afraid things are gonna change for the springs. Not sure the route it will go but something is gonna change.

Thanks for the TR Andy. Good for you to go on a long hike when you could have been soaking all day!

Paul

"We're not going anywhere tonight!"

Yup.

How will our intrepid adventurers weather this storm and challenge?

No more edge of the seat for us. We've already fell off the chairs.

Subtitled "Hobbled During the Haboob", indeed.

The Steel(e) Pass area strikes me as one of the most remote spots for major suspension failure within the Lower 48. I'm on the deck with the Ski3Pins pending the posting of the final chapter! Will there be some first-rate Redneck Engineering? A careful planner's uncrating of the Complete Technology of Western Man in the form of spare parts and tools? Inquiring minds (especially those chained to a desk 3,000 miles away) want to know.

Foy

I've finally wrapped up Part III, but there will still be one more chapter to follow.
I might well have named this post, "With a Little Help from my Friends".

Wow - what a Christmas story!! And you're still 3-4 hours from Big Pine!!

Incredible Andy.

Such prose used to describe an amazing story of fortune. After hearing the stories from the recent holidays about overcrowding, rollover accidents, etc it is a breath of fresh air to read about your mis-adventure. Faith in humanity is restored once again. I'm happy to hear you found your rug and some of the trashed campsite scattered about the area. Good karma. I know I'm not the only one hoping to hear about how the story ends repair-wise. Safe travels always.

Great writing and story. "Cheese! Damnit!" :) One for the memory book. Looking forward to the wrap-up.

Back
Top Bottom