east coast 4wc owners ?

beachbunny

Advanced Member
just got my fleet after getting a new liner(guaranteed no leak by dealer) ,seems to be an excess of water inside when i got back home and set it up,
dealer tells me it is built up condensation from being there for a while.
do these rigs have condensation problems just sitting on the rig unused?
tia

The short answer is yes, you can get condensation while just sitting closed up. If you live in a humid area like me(gulf coast Texas) the camper has humid air in it and when you get temp changes it will happen. I used damp rid for a long time to keep mildew at bay but have since changed to a full time(24/7) fan. I also had water incursion when driving in a hard rain. That problem was corrected by refurbishing the roof seal that runs along the front and wraps onto the sides.

roger that men, thanks
ill give it a go tomorrow in the rain,we will see.
by liner, i mean the whole tent contraption not the thermal deal and yeah, it was a 34k dollar pool. i dried with heater and dehumidifier for 3 days but took it to dealer before next gale.i know it sat around there for a long time , could have been outside, who knows, certainly

beachbunny said:
roger that men, thanks
ill give it a go tomorrow in the rain,we will see.
by liner, i mean the whole tent contraption not the thermal deal and yeah, it was a 34k dollar pool. i dried with heater and dehumidifier for 3 days but took it to dealer before next gale.i know it sat around there for a long time , could have been outside, who knows, certainly
My guess is the moisture was in the camper before the new vinyl was installed. Heat increases humidity, so the humid air could have permeated the mattress and upholstery, then condensed on any colder surfaces when you got it home.

You might consider taking the mattress and cushions inside to ensure they dry out, then pop the top and open a vent and lower opening to get good ventilation.

Please do check with FWC to get their recommendations.

I've been thinking about this.

I replaced one of my vents with a Maxxair vent that allows me to leave it open during rain and while stored.

This allows the inside to be the same climate as the outside,
If the temp is the same inside and outside you shouldn't get condensation.

Are you sure its condensation and not a leak?

the dealer is the one that told me it was condensation,frankly i don't know where they stored it there and right now, i would not belive them,it sat there for a month.there was so much water in the stove ,it would not work, took an hour and a half to blowdry it out for it work,
dried it all out with a heater. rained a little last night ,water in stove again and northeast corner, took a couple pics again. too bad video of stove choking in water won't load.
took out thermal liner and have set buckets over stove and in NE corner for tonights rain, bigger storm coming in a couple days.
took mattresses out along time ago, camper was bone dry when i took it up there to get leaking tent repaired, 3 days of continuous heat and
dehumidifier running,
what started out as a matter of pride buying this thing is turning into a frustrating embarrassment

IMO you don't get water like your experiencing from condensation.
The people who did the repairs screwed something up.
Do you have any recourse with them? Especially if it's still leaking.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
IMO you don't get water like your experiencing from condensation.
The people who did the repairs screwed something up.
Do you have any recourse with them? Especially if it's still leaking.
Frank
I agree with Casa and do not believe this can be from condensation alone. Best of luck with getting this resolved, and agreed, this must be so frustrating for you.

rained about 1/2 last night,nothing in buckets ,folded camp with tent still wet from rain, drove around a while, opened tent to let it dry and there was a little water in stove from southwest corner again and a little in the north -middle.
so does driving force water back?????
dealer said he'd buy it back but i want this thing to work,i really do.

4wc in cali said windows have to be sealed straight up , water could be getting forced in while driving maybe,hopefully, storm coming thur

Back
Top Bottom