East of the Mississippi FWC owners chime in

I'm in central VA. Will be hopefully picking up my Hawk in April from MLO. The Hawk will ride on a 2014 Ram 2500 CTD. Currently pulling a TH, and though I like it, I prefer dispersed camping, especially since I usually have more privacy at my home then when camping. Anyone looking to buy a work & play :)

Hello everyone! Name is Chris, I live in Florida and love to camp. I go to Asheville NC and the Fl. Keys a lot. I do not have my FWC as of yet, need to take the plunge. I was hoping to start the order here in March through Mainline. I drive a new 2014 Sierra All Terrain Z71. I am hoping that will do good with the Raven.

Dan, always good reading all of these posts. I also will be getting the AC unit instead of the back window. It gets a little hot down here in Florida. Dan and DanT, congrats and can not wait to see photo's of your new FWC.

I know there are several post about all this but, would Timbren SES suspension do the trick or should I really look into an air suspension kit?

ofc11066:

Will be your way early April, wave if you see a Hawk on a 2005 Tundra. How is camping in east FL?

Bill

Bill i'm not camping but i'm at my sisters in venice, fl. 83 and sunny all week. Feel bad for the kids and grandkids back home in indiana.You too JD. Their tough enough. Fishing slow. Have a safe trip Bill. Mitch

Jollyrodgers, had timbrens on a 2011 half dodge with a hawk shell with some equipment on board. Worked pretty well. Have them on my 2003 1/2 ton ford. Have not tryed them out yet. Mitch

ofc11066 said:
Hello everyone! Name is Chris, I live in Florida and love to camp. I go to Asheville NC and the Fl. Keys a lot. I do not have my FWC as of yet, need to take the plunge. I was hoping to start the order here in March through Mainline. I drive a new 2014 Sierra All Terrain Z71. I am hoping that will do good with the Raven.

Dan, always good reading all of these posts. I also will be getting the AC unit instead of the back window. It gets a little hot down here in Florida. Dan and DanT, congrats and can not wait to see photo's of your new FWC.

I know there are several post about all this but, would Timbren SES suspension do the trick or should I really look into an air suspension kit?
Get that order placed. Time to start having some fun.

mitch h said:
Bill i'm not camping but i'm at my sisters in venice, fl. 83 and sunny all week. Feel bad for the kids and grandkids back home in indiana.You too JD. Their tough enough. Fishing slow. Have a safe trip Bill. Mitch
Maybe 20 today. 8" in southern Indiana and 12"24" throughout Kentucky. Florida would be a nice place to be.

jd

mitch h said:
Just got back from a few days in the Everglades, 80's in both temp and humidity. Found out that even with 100 watt roof solar my batteries couldn't keep up with the demands of my fridge. :(

Stalking Light said:
Just got back from a few days in the Everglades, 80's in both temp and humidity. Found out that even with 100 watt roof solar my batteries couldn't keep up with the demands of my fridge. :(
Charlie, I found the same thing at Lake Powell. After about 5 days on solar alone, the batteries were almost depleted. We left the truck in a parking lot while on the boat, and hoped to re supply with cold beer. Alas, not to be. I think that moving every few days, or another power source is needed. Having the solar panel flat on the top is another factor. The panel isn't getting direct light.

I did some driving around and also used my 60w panel on the back but once the batteries got drained I couldn't get them charged until I got back to cooler weather. The battery separator kept 'clicking; out even when the truck was running. Lesson learned.

Thanks everyone for the warm Welcomes! Longhorn1 I will need to do that soon, thanks for the push.

Bill, my favorite place to camp is here in my town called Sebastian Inlet State Park (East Coast Fl, Brevard Co.). Right on the water and great fishing!

ofc11066 said:
Thanks everyone for the warm Welcomes! Longhorn1 I will need to do that soon, thanks for the push.

Bill, my favorite place to camp is here in my town called Sebastian Inlet State Park (East Coast Fl, Brevard Co.). Right on the water and great fishing!
Wow, I just went past there yesterday, looks like a great place.

Happyjax said:
DanT and 100 acre....
I am under 2 hours away and just visited MLO for the 1st time yesterday. If you pick you campers up on the weekend and I can get away, I would like to come see them and meet you. I am chewing on the bit yet because I don't have my truck. I am just following all the cool folks on this site and trying to learn all I can:)
I'd be more than happy to meet you and DanT.

Greetings, I use my 2004 Silverado with Granby for Fishing and pulling a boat. Half the time stay in motels & other half the Granby. Travel safe.

Speaking of East of the Mississippi... Has any of you folks gone north?
We want to head to Temagami, Ontario this summer and want as much feedback from folks who have been canoeing, camping and exploring the log roads in the area. Any and all advice and recommendations appreciated. We have a 2011 Eagle on a 2001 Tacoma and are experienced backwoods campers.

Attachments

• maplocation2.jpg
    maplocation2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 107

Back
Top Bottom