Electrical Question

bythehook

My Question is , I have a 2009 FWC Hawk, when I plug in the shore power cord there is a spark / snap when I plug in the extension cord. I purchased a polarity tester and it reads that the outlet is functioning properly. In addition I tried using different extension cords with the same spark/ snap. The lights, refrig, fan,water pump all seem to work properly, but Im concerned that I may cause damage. Thank you for any assistance.

My hawk does the same thing. I just guessed it was a surge going to the IOTA 12 power converter charger in the camper. It does make me jump a little sometimes.

Steve

Might try turning off the 120VAC breaker in the power panel, then plug in and turn it back on.

Might try turning off the 120VAC breaker in the power panel, then plug in and turn it back on.

It arcs because there is a load present. (something is drawing power) As suggested turn off the breaker and plug in then reset breaker.

Thanks, I was thinking there might have been a bigger issue.I tried the suggestion of turning off the breaker and there was no spark. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom