evolution- is that the right term?

jw

Contributors
My girlfriend and I are going into our third summer with an eagle. Two summers of travel have taught us a lot. Now it's time to pack it up and i've had a wet/ cold winter to think about what we're going to do. ------------

1. For two summers we have packed a full bed set. Too much prep and not enough room. Sleeping bags from here out.
2. I like to cook outside- we always carried a small grill, but now we plan to bring a two burner coleman stove.
3. I upgraded to a 10 ply tire-
4. I bought a porta loo bucket toilet and a bunch of wag bags----jic.
5. I put a lift assist in- big difference
6. cb radio- just for fun

we'll see what season 4 brings---------------

- jeff

All sounds like good moves. If you want privacy for that porta loo might want to look at a porta privey goes up in a hurry :eek: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007QQGZA

I've done the lifts, the porta loo, 10 plies, a stove for outside cooking, always used bags and have been thinking a CB might be interesting :D . Not sure what is next....

I have the lift assist, use sleeping bags, prefer to cook inside since it's usually cold when I camp, use a porta poti, have "E" rated tires and I just completed a CB install in my F250.

What's the actual usage of a CB radio? I've seen them being used of course. But what I can't figure out is how, beyond recreational stuff, I would use a CB. Anecdotes? Advice?

What's the actual usage of a CB radio? I've seen them being used of course. But what I can't figure out is how, beyond recreational stuff, I would use a CB. Anecdotes? Advice?

I don't want to hijack this thread with cb stuff, so briefly.....

I use the CB radio in lots of ways:

1) communicate with buddies during outings

2) listen/talk to truckers for road conditions...and occasionally to find a good place to eat. Truckers know where to eat.

3) location of police

4) my current CB has 10 NOAA Weather Stations....always nice to have good weather (much better than radio station weather).

5) overcome boredom on long drives.

CB's are really cheap these days. Since all CB radios can only legally transmit at 4 watts.....they all pretty much transmit at the same power. Just get a basic one that has the features you want. Spend your money on a good antenna and cable....and tune that antenna.

Evolution - great term. Reminds me of a few things I need to upgrade/replace/disgard...

First aid kit - haven't needed/checked it in awhile.. surely some meds & bandages need replacing by now.

Chuck box - some seasonings were running low, been carrying a picnic tablecloth "just in case" but never used it, dish-washing scrubbies were hammered, "extra" plates & bowls - never used, replace lighters, need to add some handy cooking utensils (spatula, tongs, etc.)

Dirty laundry - keep meaning to come up with a better storage solution than a plastic grocery bag, shoved in any available corner.

Recovery/Emergency kit - sort through, discard worn bungees, replace donated roll of ducktape, etc.

I'm sure more will come to mind on our first outing of 2011, hopefully somewhere in Utah in March. C'mon Spring! :)

Back
Top Bottom