F-150 2015 FX4 intermediate Gear or something grinding

SeatoSea

Advanced Member
I have a 2015 F150, truck runs like a dream. Now once in a while when hitting the gas I get what I believe to be a gear grinding noise. I’ve thought it might be weight related, I carry a loadedHawk (1500 lbs). Truck payload is 2k lbs. Happens loaded or camper off as well.
Truck has all the towing and 10 speed manual. There are also 3 options for hills etc.. as I said I believe it’s in the gearbox/shifting as it get confused as to what mode it should be in. Just happens once in a while and not sure if I should panick, after all it’s still just a FORD (fixonrepairdaily)!‍♂️ Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

SeatoSea said:
I have a 2015 F150, truck runs like a dream. Now once in a while when hitting the gas I get what I believe to be a gear grinding noise. I’ve thought it might be weight related, I carry a loadedHawk (1500 lbs). Truck payload is 2k lbs. Happens loaded or camper off as well.
Truck has all the towing and 10 speed manual. There are also 3 options for hills etc.. as I said I believe it’s in the gearbox/shifting as it get confused as to what mode it should be in. Just happens once in a while and not sure if I should panick, after all it’s still just a FORD (fixonrepairdaily)!‍♂ Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
I just did google search on F150 Gear noise and it does come up some.

I would talk to a dealer and see if a TSB has been issued.

i had an issue with my 2011 6 speed at New years and was lucky there was an extended warranty for a recall on a wiring harness inside the transmission. Ford covered the repair and the rental.

Join Ford Truck Enthusiast. Great site with answers to most questions. They will know if a TSB is out :)

Folks thanks for the response s. Just saw 2-YouTube video discussing similar issues. Will take both suggestion to help further isolate and hopefully correct the problem. Thanks again[emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom