F-150 Keystone to Washington State to Alabama

And so ends the trip report on driving this F-150, pictured here in the Great Salt Desert, better known as the Bonneville Salt Flats. The truck will be repaired for other trips.

Generally, the F-150 is a good base to haul lightweight campers. This truck has an 8 foot bed which provided better weight distribution than short bed trucks. Perhaps this explains why it had no problem, weight wise, with the Keystone. I recommend a half ton truck with a full length 8 foot bed for campers with an empty weight not in excess of about 1000 pounds.

I am an old "gear head" and I enjoyed dealing with the truck problems. This is just one more thing to make the trip interesting. A badly running engine did interfere with some of our plans. We did not get out to Cape Flattery. At the time the truck was running very badly and I did not know what was wrong. Instead of driving to this remote place, we went to a Ford dealer.

We also went on a 3 day off road trip in the Nevada desert. A separate report for this is provided under the heading "Nevada Desert". Obviously, in 40 days, we saw a lot more than can be shown here but I expect folks are tired of this by now.

Thank you for putting up with this long report. _John D

Attachments

• F-150 4.2L.JPG
    F-150 4.2L.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 101
<snip> Obviously, in 40 days, we saw a lot more than can be shown here but I expect folks are tired of this by now.

Disagree on length of report. Disagree that folks are tired. Liked reading your story.

Obviously, in 40 days, we saw a lot more than can be shown here but I expect folks are tired of this by now.

No way I'm tired of reading about your adventures. Really enjoyed your pics, too.

Back
Top Bottom