F250 backup camer mod

n2Jeepin

Advanced Member
So I really missed my backup camera after having my Hawk installed. So I bought an oem camera and harness, then manufactured a mount to go just above the license plate. File_000.jpegcameraoutside.jpg

Can't tell from pic... was your camera in the handle? I too bought an OEM camera and left mine alone in the stored away tailgate. I just have an ugly bent steel "Maguyverized" mount. It works but yours looks really clean / professional. If you used the handle camera I'd really like detailed information :)

nice install. mine to is an OEM on 'L' brackets with a piece of plastic... it works but not pretty. Still getting used to it... somehow, ingrained skeptical distrust of an image rather than direct eyesight. I will eventually "believe" the image.

XJINTX said:
Can't tell from pic... was your camera in the handle? I too bought an OEM camera and left mine alone in the stored away tailgate. I just have an ugly bent steel "Maguyverized" mount. It works but yours looks really clean / professional. If you used the handle camera I'd really like detailed information :)
Xjintx, yes, My original camera was in the Ford Emblem of the Tailgate.
I bought an OEM camera and harness from a seller on ebay for a lot less than the link below (link just for reference).

I then had a friend make a mount for it, so the camera is kind of press fit in the "U"
camera Mount.png
back.png

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2016-Ford-F250-F350-Super-Duty-Rear-View-Back-Up-Camera-amp-Wire-Harness-OEM-/191608926619

I was lucky and got a camera from a wreck at the local JY for $50 it had the harness too :) BUT mine (2009) was mounted in the tailgate handle and kind of aimed down. I need to see if I can make a more professional mount... wish your friend was in TX ;) :)

Back
Top Bottom