Fantastic Fan Pulse Width Modulation Modification

XJINTX

Instead of making old post active and maybe causing confusion I will add another. This is in response to the Fantastic Fan pulse-width modulation modification. I was getting differing info or just not getting what was required. If you have done this mod and have additional info please reply. If you think I've left anything out please let me know also. With this procedure, I am attaching, mine seems to be working as desired :)

Attachments

• Fantastic Fan Pulse Control Module.pdf
    267.4 KB · Views: 489
Excellent summary! I have printed it out and ordered the PWM and will do the mod next week.

Thanks!

XJINTX said:
Instead of making old post active and maybe causing confusion I will add another. This is in response to the Fantastic Fan pulse-width modulation modification. I was getting differing info or just not getting what was required. If you have done this mod and have additional info please reply. If you think I've left anything out please let me know also. With this procedure, I am attaching, mine seems to be working as desired :)
The controller that I bought squealed (coil) , which I cured with a big fat capacitor. Is this one quiet? No coil noise?

Same technology trolling motor manufacturers started using 30+ years ago. Battery run time was greatly improved.

Vic Harder said:
The controller that I bought squealed (coil) , which I cured with a big fat capacitor. Is this one quiet? No coil noise?
Vic, it was your post that concerned me and why I made my install pretty easy to go back to stock. However, I am lucky and no harmonic whine from coil. Also there was another good post and an on/off switch was added. My PWM actually clicks to off position and if reverse switch is in mid position acts like an off switch too... preventing unnecessary drain I'd guess.

Back
Top Bottom