Fantastic Fan vs Maxx Air Deluxe

Kolockum

Still Wandering
I ordered a Fantastic Fan about a week ago off of Amazon and when I went to Camping World to get some parts for the install I saw a MaxxFan with a built in rain shield for the first time on display. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/maxxfan-deluxe-manual-opening-rv-ventilator-system-smoke-lid/48932

I have heard a lot of good reviews about Fantastic Fans but I have not heard anything about MaxxAir products. I really like the thought of the built in, collapsible rain guard (as I spend my winters in Washington's mountains where it never stops raining/drizzling) but I like all the good reviews that fantastic fans have.

Does anybody out there have the Maxx Air? And what is everybody's experience on the matter?

I did some research on the site but didn't get anything. Maybe because any search query has to be 4 or mare characters long and Max Air is well 2 three character words...

I've had my MaxxAir for about 14 years. The only problem I've had with it was the interlock switch that makes sure the fan goes off when you close the lid. I just bypassed the interlock. I'm not sure if that switch is still part of their design, or not.

huskyrunnr said:
I've had my MaxxAir for about 14 years. The only problem I've had with it was the interlock switch that makes sure the fan goes off when you close the lid. I just bypassed the interlock. I'm not sure if that switch is still part of their design, or not.
Thanks for the reply. The model I am looking at will run regardless if the top is open or closed. If it is closed then the fan is in "ceiling fan mode" as they call it. Maybe they couldn't fix it so they just rolled with it.

From the lack of replies I guess I will have to order both and do a side by side comparison. I will look at amps used in the three different fan speeds, noise, opened height, closed height, and maybe air volume (if I can figure out how). Anything else anybody wants to see?

Back
Top Bottom