Feeling old, Cataracts

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
So are "photo grays". I have been using photo gray lens since the 70s and really like them.
I get the darkest (extreme) there is. Great in the snow or at the beach.
Frank
I also have used photo grays since the early 70's. After cataract surgery did not need glasses. Had to buy regular sun glasses first time in my life. What a PITA, even bought a pair with readers build in. Went in and got a prescription for photo gray with readers. Life is good again. I do take them off when driving at night and watching TV.

If you call them "PhotoGrays", you are a very long time user. I worked at Corning in the late 60's and they were using engineers as guinea pigs for this new fangled technology. At the time, they went just as dark under fluorescent lights as bright sun and took a long time to lighten up when leaving the UV light that made them darken., I think they changed the name to PhotoSuns or Transitions or some such. Of course, that could be a competing product.

Paul

Thank you for the info.Yes "transitions",but you are right,when I first started wearing them they were "photo grays.
And they did take longer to change,both ways.
I have heard that wearing them can save your eyes form the "uv" issue.
I also have brown eyes,so that also might help.
So far at 72 no problems.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom