Fiamma Awning…Use Wall Brackets?

pvstoy

I bought a Fiamma awning direct from FWC through Stan. Stan was great to work with and I would not hesitate to buy more stuff from Stan. Here is a question I have been milling over ever since I put the Fiamma awning on last October. It came with wall mount brackets that you can attach to the wall. You pull up the top stop and slide in the bottom of the awning base. Once in it locks in and can’t come out until you lift up on the stop.

All this is fine, BUT….as you can see in the pictures below, if I wanted to put these on the side of the camper it makes the triangle small and tight. Most campers have a bigger side face and you can drop the wall brackets down further to increase the triangle shape.

So would you use these as an added way to deploy the legs?

If used, and a gust of wind caught the awning would it survive and what damage would you anticipate? Rip the screws out of the side?

I guess you could experience a lot of damage if you deploy the legs and don’t stake them down. This just looks like a way to secure the legs without pounding stakes in the ground and not being able to pull them out later.

So Opinions Please………….

Attachments

• awning001.jpg
    awning001.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 590
  • awning002.jpg
    awning002.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 572
  • awning003.jpg
    awning003.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 549
  • awning004.jpg
    awning004.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 557
  • awning005.jpg
    awning005.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 566
When I installed mine last year, Shaun, the dealer in Eagle, recommended not using the wall brackets.

Hello Mr. Pvstoy

I would not recommend mounting the brackets / clips in the camper.

Like you pointed out, the angle is less than ideal.

I would stick with the tent stakes that come with the awning and put the awning legs to the ground.

If you don't mind putting the clips in the side of your truck bed, you could go that route and the angle might be a little better.

Thank You Stan and Kilroy:thumb:

Oh I don't think I want to mount those clips in the side of my bed:eek:

Yea like I was thinking also that the leg of the triangle is too short. Ok Men deploy your legs to the ground and stab them with a stake:D:D

At least the post came with pictures.

And it was a fine post.

That is a sweet looking awning Patrick.. What does it look like when its stowed away?? And what approx. are they worth??

If you were camping where there was a wooden pickinik table you could move the table to suit, and screw the bases into that for your stay..

If you had the jack brackets mounted to the camper you could fab up an extension that would attach to the jack brackets and went down a ways from the edge of the camper. You could use some bolts with thumb nuts to hold it onto the jack extensions so you could remove and store for travel or when not in use. My thought is also, which I am looking at doing on mine when I finally get it together would be to make a removable table top also that would use the jack brackets for support.

winter200:

I had the same Idea of making a table. I figure about 12 in wide, to run the width of the side window, from jack to jack. Probably put a hinge on it so that it could fold up when traveling or not in use. This would allow me to open the window, use the table as a counter under the awning, and cook there if I needed. would save my portable table for eating and card playing or just would not need it.

I also think that it should be removable so that I could put it on the other side and keep my view from the window.

Heck, could even have one for each side.

I was going to use wood and paint it, but seems flimsy. Was looking for something like plastic cutting board in large pieces. No worry about water, easy to clean and maintain.....

Anyone else try this?

Dave in Seattle.

Dave,

lq has a fold up table and some other things mounted on the jack brackets and has posted quite a few photos, maybe he'll jump in here or you could search the FWC forum for them.

DLN:

I seem to remember that now.....will do some searching. My memory just not what it used to be!

thanks!

dave

Back
Top Bottom