Finally ordered! Starting my dream build

I have started thinking about replacing the Ranger with a truck that has a crew cab. Looks like a Chevy is worth serious consideration. Is that a 6 or 6.5 foot bed?

According to the Chevy website, you can get a Colorado crewcab with a 74 inch bed.

6’ bed no midsize truck has anything bigger than that. The diesel is the real game changer with the increased mpg compared to the Tacoma and the power this little 2.8L has. It truly dosent feel like anything is even in the bed. I’m really excited to see how she does offroad

Thanks!!! Going on the first overnight tomorrow will take and post pics

Good morning! So last night I was packing my camper and realized there is not a whole lot of stroagein the cubbies other than under the bench. I want to see all your pics of how you guys store the pots pans etc. I dont know about everyone else but I like to keep a par level in my camper, by that I mean I have all the needs I.E. pots, pans, spices, sliverware, cups yada yada so i can throw in food and be gone to the next adventure. PICS please, currently I have all cook wear under the sink. PICS, PICS, PICS, PICS please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out and about, so no pix, but I use good quality stainless steel nesting pots, and a very good Primus folding 10” fry pan. I’m trying to pare down utensils to back pack levels as well. The problem is... I suffer from pack rat disease, and throw way to much junk in. Service for 6 really isn’t needed, but I throw it in anyway.

krs1 said:
Good morning! So last night I was packing my camper and realized there is not a whole lot of stroagein the cubbies other than under the bench. I want to see all your pics of how you guys store the pots pans etc. I dont know about everyone else but I like to keep a par level in my camper, by that I mean I have all the needs I.E. pots, pans, spices, sliverware, cups yada yada so i can throw in food and be gone to the next adventure. PICS please, currently I have all cook wear under the sink. PICS, PICS, PICS, PICS please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha Ha

That is why I had the storage cabinets added on my build out -

This is the cloths pantry:
20170612_111318-M.jpg

The rear corner pantry is for extra cookware and dry goods:
20170612_111255-M.jpg

I installed full extension drawers in my Hawks.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21686]

Gonna do it in my new Grandby flatbed too.

Durango1, that is nice!

Durango1 said

"I installed full extension drawers in my Hawks.

Gonna do it in my new Grandby flatbed too."

Those extension drawers are nice, I really like the tall cabinet at the end of the bench seat! I kinda wish I had that done in mine lol. I purchased a few plastic totes for underbelly bench that fit just right. I'll post pics once I get them in there, here's a few pics of the first night in the new camper

Attachments

• IMG_7904.jpg
    IMG_7904.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7905.jpg
    IMG_7905.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_7906.jpg
    IMG_7906.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7907.jpg
    IMG_7907.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 126
For cookware, I like the GSI Halulite pots. Here is my basic cookware kit.
IMG_1836.JPG
4.7L, 3.2L, 1.8L teakettle. 10” Pinnacle frypan. I think the cups, plates, and bowls are GSI as well.

I built out my shell with shelves and bins.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14579-Bobcat-prototyping-build

Since I don’t have a built in sink or stove or water system, I have plenty of storage for my needs, although I do try to keep a a minimalistic approach.

I had went to the container store and purchased three plastic totes for the under bench storage. They allow space above them for additional storage and they don’t take the entire depth of the bench. One will be canned food, the other will be dry food storage like rice, pasta etc, the third will be misc. I plan on packing and taking photos of everything once placed. I still want to see others storage solutions!!!!! Pics, pics, pics!!!!!

I don't have pictures inside the camper but here are some of the things we use.

Like others have mentioned, we use MSR nesting pots that are the "base camp" size. Similar to these:

MSR_BlackLite_Classic_Cookset.jpg

We also have nesting dinner ware that serves four and and fits into a serving plate and bowl. Plates, bowls and cups all store inside.

20171212_191056-S.jpg
20171212_191129-S.jpg

I also ordered 4 wooden boxes that fit in the area with the sliding doors at the bottom of the cabinets. They make it so you can fits a lot in that area, have it organized and stuff doesn't fall out every time you open the doors.

bambooBox-L.png

I will be ordering either those wood boxes or something similar! thanks for the idea, here is what I had came up with for under the bench storage. three containers in total 1 for can food, 1 for dried goods and the last will be determined when I pack. The containers are some what shallow so I will have room for additional storage on top of the containers

Attachments

• IMG_7924.jpg
    IMG_7924.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_7926.jpg
    IMG_7926.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 104
krs1 said:
I will be ordering either those wood boxes or something similar! thanks for the idea, here is what I had came up with for under the bench storage. three containers in total 1 for can food, 1 for dried goods and the last will be determined when I pack. The containers are some what shallow so I will have room for additional storage on top of the containers
Yeah that looks like a good fit. The trick is to find the right sized containers to fit each compartment without wasting space. It looks like you have a good solution going.

It’s been a while since I’ve given an update on my build status so I figured I would take this morning to give a little of what I’ve done lately. I built a camper dolly out of 4 x 4‘s and 2 x 4‘s with for 5 inch casters on it I basically over laid the corners of the 4 x 4‘s and bill the 2 x 4‘s in the middle as cross supports kind a like a wall with studs and fire stops. I picked up my tires and wheels with your XT in Deuro 301 with BFG‘s. The icons should be here any day now, I will take pics of the instal and of the camper dolly as I couldn’t find many pics of what I was looking for construction wise. Apparently my photos are to large straight off my phone so gotta email and reduce lol

Congrats on the new Bobcat--I love mine. I know customizing a camper to fit your needs is fun, but don't forget about your truck's suspension. I got Firestone Ride Rite air bags and E rated tires and that made all the difference in it's handling.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Resizing takes for ever!!!

Attachments

• 07F0F110-ADDF-4B50-A0B2-CC869FEFEC79.jpeg
    07F0F110-ADDF-4B50-A0B2-CC869FEFEC79.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 133D9C9A-28E7-4F3E-B48D-20E9B0E6CEA6.jpeg
    133D9C9A-28E7-4F3E-B48D-20E9B0E6CEA6.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 105

Back
Top Bottom