first long trip in the hawk shell

tree

well, I received my hawk week before thanksgiving. and took her out for 3 days and 2 nights. that trip was cold. so I added reflectrix and a way better sleeping bag and blanket. last week was her first big test. Mon-sat 6 days and 5 nights at king of the hammers out in the Johnson valley desert. weather was great. warm days, and the nights weren't bad due to a cloud canopy at night keeping the days heat down low. the hawk provided a great place to prep meals, sleep, have morning coffee and a restroom. with 2 agm batteries and only using lights, and occasional inverter I never had to pull out the solar panel. I wish I did though. just to top off and test out. used the heater only on the first night. due to some wind. racing action was at its best. and pulling my utv on a trailer with the hawk was not an issue. will post pics when I can.

good to hear Tree! Looking forward to our own first trip since the rebuild. I'm still waiting for the snows to melt around here.... that will take another month or so!

seen 1 other 4WC out there, and 2 palominos. several people stopped by to ask about the camper. one of the palominos I seen was mounted into a old international scout. seen 1 military M715 rv conversion, 1 ambulance rv conversion, and 1 unimog rv.

Back
Top Bottom