First Snow!

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
Overnight/this-morning was the first snow that covered the ground here in Bend.
As measured on the top railing of my front deck, it's about 2.5 inches deep. 28° at the time. I was standing bare-foot in the snow for this shot.
ohmy.gif

gallery_2431_332_111276.jpg

gallery_2431_332_146976.jpg

gallery_2431_332_4762.jpg

gallery_2431_332_22366.jpg

"OK, I've had enough fun -- let me in now."
gallery_2431_332_54490.jpg

I'm kinda surprised she was interested in going out at all, considering she hasn't had to deal with snow since spring...but maybe she saw me go out in bare feet, so that shamed her into willingness. I thought she was going to seek out bare dirt under the neighbor's eaves for...you know (my house doesn't have eaves), but all she did was munch on dry weeds/grass. Cats want/need fiber, too.

Anybody else have "first-snow-at-my-house" photos to share?

Last week in Nevada City at my house.

Attachments

• snow and shop 080 (1024x768).jpg
    snow and shop 080 (1024x768).jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 106
  • snow and shop 081 (1024x768).jpg
    snow and shop 081 (1024x768).jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 108
Yeah sirens all over this morning. The inevitable first snow driving chaos :oops:

Yep!
"OMG! What's this white stuff on the road! It's slippery! OMG -- why am I sliding past the STOP sign into the intersection?! My foot is pressed down on the brake, and yet I'm not stopping!"
rolleyes.gif

Last week in Nevada City at my house.

Looks like above NC to me!
We did get a few inches on Banner Mtn. at 3350'

On a similar note, guess I'll put my chains in the FWC for our East Side trip next week. :unsure:
4WD does pretty much all I ever need, but I would feel foolish to get stuck if I had the right hardware sitting at home in my garage!

On a similar note, guess I'll put my chains in the FWC for our East Side trip next week. :unsure:
4WD does pretty much all I ever need, but I would feel foolish to get stuck if I had the right hardware sitting at home in my garage!

Very good!!Zip code is 95959 though :cautious:

I'm up by Scotts Flat

Come by the shop one day
1020 Whispering Pine

Good thought about the chains.I was told that if you get stuck or have an accident and the chain signs R1,R2,R3 are up you can get some mighty big tickets.I have always carried them even with 4WD.You just never know.Have a safe trip.Should be some nice scenes with the snow.

Frank

]

gallery_2431_332_22366.jpg

"OK, I've had enough fun -- let me in now."
gallery_2431_332_54490.jpg

I'm kinda surprised she was interested in going out at all, considering she hasn't had to deal with snow since spring...but maybe she saw me go out in bare feet, so that shamed her into willingness. I thought she was going to seek out bare dirt under the neighbor's eaves for...you know (my house doesn't have eaves), but all she did was munch on dry weeds/grass. Cats want/need fiber, too.

Anybody else have "first-snow-at-my-house" photos to share?
[/quote]

Mark I hope the PETA people aren't checking this site.Have fun in the snow.Just starting to sprinkle here on the coast.

Frank

Mark I hope the PETA people aren't checking this site.

You mean People for the Eating of Tasty Animals? They're fine with it.

(she has a cat door, and she uses it...but if I'm within sight she always asks me to let her out or in
rolleyes.gif
)

Come by the shop one day
1020 Whispering Pine

Will do, Mark. I was just thinking I need to drop in and check it out.
After all my business is located less than a mile from your new place. :oops:

Next week we are heading out to Benton for the big T-Day, so it will probably be the following week.

Enjoy the snow up by Scott's!

Back
Top Bottom