Flex in lifting panels

camper101

So, call me anal, but it seems like the lifting panels are important so I want to make sure I'm not messing anything up...

I fiddled with the wiring behind the front lifting panel to try and prevent shorting (before a more permanent fix -- my wires are broken behind the panel).

After packing up and lowering the front, I looked to see how much room there is in there for the folded up wires. It looks like the wires (at least the way I left them) are making the lifting panel bend a little bit. Is this normal, good, bad, or otherwise? It seems like the panel is going to flex at least a little with anything back there, but I did tape on some slightly larger split-loom - but not that much larger, and most of it is sticking out the side and is not between the panels.

The photo might show what I'm asking: are the panels "parting ways" some and does that matter?
IMG_0951.JPG

Thank you as always.

I agree. there seems to be a lot of pressure on the far corner to the point it looks like the wood is bent along with the hinge. You could always use some higher quality wire and replace just that segment. Then you shouldn't need the wire sheathing.

Thank you both. I've routed the wires off to the side now and upgraded to better wire.

I'm still hesitant to do away with the sheathing entirely, but the silicone wire I got is really really much nicer and would probably last a lot longer than the original wire. For now I just wanted to fix the problem - maybe I'll make it look nice someday...

Back
Top Bottom