Flush mount sinks

codename607

My camper is the shell model and I'm in the process of building a sink system in my camper. I've seen the systems that most of you use with water containers but here is my plan:

Use two jerry can water containers(one for grey water and another for clean). Place them close together and build a sink that fits on top with a pump in the middle.

The issue I'm having is finding a good sink. I would like one that is square and has a fold down faucet and flush mount glass table on top.

So far I've only come across the SMEV ones but they are not cheap. Is this really my only option?

Mr. Newbie,

I don't have a particular solution but am wondering why you want to have the sink covered? Is there a "specific" reason that would drive a specific solution? You could use a regular square sink and put a top on it. The top could be designed such as to help with whatever it is you wish to use that counter space for. For example, a top that is also a chopping board.
Just a thought.....
Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the info. The main reason I want a covered sink is to maximize workable space in the camper. Since mine is a Swift every inch of space needs to be used efficiently.

I've thought about building a top cover for a basic sink but I figured I would have a good selection from the RV world. Seems like availability is limited to only one or two styles and those are expensive.

Terrill

Back
Top Bottom