Ford Aluminum Beds - any issues installing FWC?

gaylon

I have a fully loaded Hawk and I am considering getting a 3/4 or 1 ton truck to replace my Tundra. Has anyone experienced or heard of issues installing FWC campers in the new aluminum beds Ford is producing?

My FIL has a 2017 F-350 LB, bedlined. Uses it to either tow a 5th wheel or carry a YUUUGE Lance camper. Granted, the camper sits on a “riser platform” so that the cabover can clear the cab, but no issues so far. I wouldn’t expect problems with an FWC.

Our ATC is on a 2015 F150 with the aluminum bed. We used Torklift frame-mounted tiedowns in the front, and I custom fabbed a steel tiedown for the rear (it is bolted to the frame). Not the standard mount, but I've found the bed to be pretty robust so would not worry about either an ATC or FWC using the standard mounting system.

Atlin said:
Our ATC is on a 2015 F150 with the aluminum bed. We used Torklift frame-mounted tiedowns in the front, and I custom fabbed a steel tiedown for the rear (it is bolted to the frame). Not the standard mount, but I've found the bed to be pretty robust so would not worry about either an ATC or FWC using the standard mounting system.
I have the Torklift mounting system for our Hallmark but doesn't FWC mounting system bolt to the bed itself and not the frame?

smlobx said:
I have the Torklift mounting system for our Hallmark but doesn't FWC mounting system bolt to the bed itself and not the frame?
Yes, it does. My concern is the strength of the bed and the risk of galvanic corrosion.

You can use the Torklift system on the FWC (Torklift is a bit pricey, though) by bolting to the jack leg points. Means you have to take the jacks off, which I think is a good thing anyway.

Back
Top Bottom