Ford BoxLink

jsduty

What do you Guys or Gals with 2017 and up Super Duty think of using the Ford BoxLink system to secure a GRANDBY down to the truck. vs dealing with the backing plates pulling through the Bed.

I would think they are too high on the box side to hold the camper down.

Afaik they are just a Ford branded E Track, I don't know how much load rating there is.

I moved the Eye bolts and backing plates from my 2011 F150 to my 2021 F350. I made sure I was close to the bed cross members.

I also have stall mats and block the camper so it can not shift side ways in the bed.

YMMV

jsduty said:
What do you Guys or Gals with 2017 and up Super Duty think of using the Ford BoxLink system to secure a GRANDBY down to the truck. vs dealing with the backing plates pulling through the Bed.
To me it seems like there are too many links in the boxlink system that can potentially fail: baseplate screws into the side wall of the truck bed could pull out, the connection point of the ring to baseplate could pull through. The turnbuckles would have to be at a low angle to attach to the boxlink ring which isn't as strong. If the eye bolts are secured into the bed correctly, they're pretty bomber.

No external mounts for me, Just going to use the normal procedure with the eye bolts. And check the turn buckle's every time I fire up the truck.

Machinebuilder said:
Afaik they are just a Ford branded E Track,
I wish they were E-track- would have been a lot more useful. Some E-track accesories will fit the BoxLink mount but they are a very sloppy fit.
They really missed the mark with BoxLink- IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom