Ford F250 DD Special Edition

You can't believe how disappointed I was to find out transfer flow doesn't make a larger tank for my truck. Just have to limp around with the stock 35 gal tank.

ha! My stock Tundra tank is just 26gal :mad: I get 14-16mpg fully loaded, so I can tolerate the 300-350 mi range. Guess I'll have to tolerate it. Until I figure out a way to get one of those 30mpg diesel Hilux's over here that is.

Did you look into a secondary tank on the other side of the rig to balance weight at all rather than just replacing the primary. If so did it not make sense cost/logistic wise?

The weight in this tank is all right down the center of the truck. I don't think there is room for a secondary tank on a 6.5 ft bed truck.

ha! My stock Tundra tank is just 26gal I get 14-16mpg fully loaded, so I can tolerate the 300-350 mi range. Guess I'll have to tolerate it.

Brett, we're right there with you on that. But our first generation Tundra only gets 13 mpg tops with the camper. Haven't been able to find anybody that makes aftermarket or additional tanks for our trucks yet.:mad:

Brett, we're right there with you on that. But our first generation Tundra only gets 13 mpg tops with the camper. Haven't been able to find anybody that makes aftermarket or additional tanks for our trucks yet.:mad:

Well stick that in your resale value and smoke it!

The weight in this tank is all right down the center of the truck. I don't think there is room for a secondary tank on a 6.5 ft bed truck.

Nice tank. Spendy, but nice. Googled and linked. :thumb:

Well stick that in your resale value and smoke it!

Careful. You wouldn't want anyone thinking you are starting to live up to your favorite brewski.;)

ha! My stock Tundra tank is just 26gal :mad: I get 14-16mpg fully loaded, so I can tolerate the 300-350 mi range. Guess I'll have to tolerate it. Until I figure out a way to get one of those 30mpg diesel Hilux's over here that is.

And now you know why I sold the T100.

Aaron.
That thing appears to hang lower than your running boards, and you've already torn one of those apart...What's going to happen to the tank without a skid plate beneath it??
Oh..if you had a nice CTD, you wouldn't need that extra tank :rolleyes:

Aaron.
That thing appears to hang lower than your running boards, and you've already torn one of those apart...What's going to happen to the tank without a skid plate beneath it??

It doesn't hang lower than the running boards, thats just the photo perspective.

Running Boards?

Oh Aaron the shame of it all.

Attachments

• Aaron cat.jpg
    Aaron cat.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 252

I assume it hugs the drivers rail though otherwise you'd have driveshaft interference. :confused:

Aaron.

Ratman,

I seem to remember you sneaking off to fuel up in Death Valley. Even the mighty CTD could use the extra fuel capacity.

I installed the Transfer Flow 54 gal tank last year and couldn't be happier. I lost some ground clearance but the bottom of the tank is 14 ga and is at the same height as the T-case skid plate. No scratches in the bottom yet but the trail out of Devils Racetrack is the roughest it's been on.

Dick

I present the fully operational DEATH STAR! The big fuel tank is the best thing ever. I don't worry about where to refuel now which is a big relief.

picture.php

Duuuuuude. Just tuning into this thread. Well done.

(But you shoulda ditched the running boards before your final Death Star presentation;)) Sorry, couldn't help myself :p.

Looks Bad A$$

You can tell who lives where it snows and who merely drives there once a year smelling like mothballs while building a snowman and drinking hot cocoa...huh, DD?

Long live running boards! (and the paint on the side of your truck)

mtn

I'm going for the Aros tank from Corona CA. for my Dodge CTD. 60 gal. with skid plate. $900.00 or so. 1100 mile range. That will be SWEET...

I'm going for the Aros tank from Corona CA. for my Dodge CTD. 60 gal. with skid plate. $900.00 or so. 1100 mile range. That will be SWEET...

More information on Aros tanks please...it sounds interesting. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom