Ford Ranger - Airbags

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I was just in to the local Les Schwab Tire Center to get airbags for my Ranger. I wanted the Firestones, but when we did the research, Firestone said not for extended cab, 6 foot bed trucks, which of course is what I have. LS is looking for other brands now, but I haven't heard back.

So, the question... What air bags are other Ranger owners using? Are they reliable? I don't want to go to another spring, as we will use the truck without camper fairly often.

Thanks in advance!!!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I was just in to the local Les Schwab Tire Center to get airbags for my Ranger. I wanted the Firestones, but when we did the research, Firestone said not for extended cab, 6 foot bed trucks, which of course is what I have. LS is looking for other brands now, but I haven't heard back.

So, the question... What air bags are other Ranger owners using? Are they reliable? I don't want to go to another spring, as we will use the truck without camper fairly often.

Thanks in advance!!!
Steve when I had the Bobcat on my 06 Ranger Super Cab,I used Supersprings.Worked well since the camper was on full time.
Now that I have an 02 Tundra I went with the Firestone air bags.For a couple reasons.
One price and the other I could adjust the air as needed.
Have had no issues with them.
Frank

ski3pin said:
Don't remember where I bought them, but these are what I used -

Air Lift Ride Control
Ditto. Air Lift Ride Control.
Got them from my local 4x4 guy, even less $ than SD Springs (where I also got my heavy duty rear springs, so, I like SD Springs).
Individual air lines for each side.
And, I travel with an extra or replacement air bag, just in case, it's cheap insurance.

I have a 6 foot extended cab Tacoma and have been using Firestones for some time over some pretty rough roads. I installed them myself with no problem and am no major mechanic by far. I do not understand their recommendation, but on my truck they work great. I can adjust for the times I need to completely fill my water, which puts more weight on the drivers side and for the winter where I take my camper off. I also haul loads of manure or rock occasionally and also change the air pressure for that. I have a little foot long bike pump I carry for adjustments on the road if needed. With over 200,000 miles and two trucks never a leak and never a problem.

i just sold my 2000 ranger extended with Firestone Ride Rite , and just ordered the same air bag for my new to me 2000 f-150

They work great !

I ordered the Ride Rites for the f-150 from Auto anything , about $160 delivered

Back
Top Bottom