Forum Software update Tues May 28

Riverrunner said:
The smilies are MIA.... at least for me.....
Click on the single smiley in the tool bar above where you're posting and a choice of smiies appear -- more than we had before.

WTW-tool-bart.jpg

WTW-smiliest.jpg

Maybe it is browser dependent? I can access the emoticons from Safari and Chrome on my laptop, but there is no toolbar available on the iPod version of Safari.

highz said:
Maybe it is browser dependent? I can access the emoticons from Safari and Chrome on my laptop, but there is no toolbar available on the iPod version of Safari.
One feature I've noticed -- good, I think -- is that the site automatically provides a mobile-browser-friendly (small-screen-friendly) version when accessed by smartphone. This wasn't available previously. I haven't yet tried to navigate/post on the-new version site via smartphone, however, (currently on a laptop), so I don't know how easy/hard/limited it is in mobile version.

ski3pin said:
Are the geographic spots and National Park information coming back? I found all that information helpful in trip planning or just dreaming of new places to go. It was a valuable part of my WTW experience.
Agreed, those were awesome...I was working my way down the list slowly but surely.

MarkBC said:
Click on the single smiley in the tool bar above where you're posting and a choice of smiies appear -- more than we had before.

WTW-tool-bart.jpg

WTW-smiliest.jpg
Yeah I found that...I don't get any smiles when I click it. Might be my browser then since I'm on IE8 here.

ski3pin said:
Are the geographic spots and National Park information coming back? I found all that information helpful in trip planning or just dreaming of new places to go. It was a valuable part of my WTW experience.
Ditto.

ski3pin said:
Yes - these are coming back. They are a vaulable resource and just plain good reading ;)

The mobile version is working well for me this afternoon, after some bugs this morning. On the default Android browser on my Droid Bionic.
And the link to switch to the Full Version works, too, if I need the full experience.

MarkBC said:
The mobile version is working well for me this afternoon, after some bugs this morning. On the default Android browser on my Droid Bionic.
And the link to switch to the Full Version works, too, if I need the full experience.
For some reason going to wanderthewest.com "lands" on the Pages section, not the home page, and presents some raw HTML, looks like. But if I click one of the buttons to take me to the menu (looks like 4 squares) & press a button for forums, as an example, or "back out" of Pages, then it displays correctly. This using default Safari on iPhone.

What am i missing here. Why don't threads open to new posts rather than starting at the beginning? Do I have to redo the preferences or is it a glitch?

chnlisle said:
What am i missing here. Why don't threads open to new posts rather than starting at the beginning? Do I have to redo the preferences or is it a glitch?
Jay, are you clicking on the folder icon to the left of the Topic title? That takes you to "first unread post":

wtw-new-posts.jpg

(Credit to Bosque Bill for noticing this! :) )

Thanks, I hate having to click on "go to first unread post" like we do over on Expo. Sad to say but a Ham site I sometimes visit doesn't even allow you to do that.

Back
Top Bottom